please help some people told me this is a supersaw sound but i just can't get it right!!!

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the sound that is introduced at 8 seconds
is that a supersaw? if so i need more details i can't get it to sound like that whatever i'm doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQvGdcoGQyg

please help

thanks

That is a pretty blammin' mix for an exciting-sounding song I gotta say. if more Pop sounded like this I'd have the radio on.

Yes, just about every sound in here is made with a Unison (many OSC Detuned) Oscillator that is the then Filtered. None of the sounds are remotely complex, just well balanced with some decent songwriting.

Synth1 could do this. I bet that a synth like Predator already has sounds that are just-like.

That or build a relationship with a Sound Designer to help you realize your music. This is how many of the names you know did/do it. Jarre, Reznor..

:-)

dude i just can't get it to sound like that, this is the silly sound i get
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0if4BfzT8nc

please help

I am helping...

It is all a matter of context (people mistakenly call that mixing but it is also composition).

What I hear there has some similarity but it is not played the same, has no accompaniment... So it won't ever sound the same as it has no context. Reminds of a Zen Koan where the student asks the Master for the secret of Zen and the Master holds up two bits of bamboo and says "oh what a long one this is, oh what a short one this is". After many years of asking and receiving the same answer (and losing some fingers), the student finally realizes that it is about context. The small one seems so because the other one is bigger. The big one seems so because it is next to the small one. That track gives the impression everything is huge but it ain't; it is well-made illusion.

Firstly, stop trying to duplicate someone else's track or feel. The is no win there only pain. I know, I did it myself. Start making your thing (which may be influenced for sure) but will show itself in you in amongst the very things you otherwise think were wrong and therefore dismiss. Be open to what comes. That way you have wins.

Do you have a piece or song yet?

its similar but its missing something that i cannot find

as you said this are simple sounds and i feel if i can't do this, then whats the point, i can't be driven by luck getting some sounds all the time

georgeusa wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:02 am its similar but its missing something that i cannot find

as you said this are simple sounds and i feel if i can't do this, then whats the point, i can't be driven by luck getting some sounds all the time
I get the impression that you didn't read and/or understand everything I wrote :wink:

Your sound is indeed missing that 'something'. Yet you seem to have blown past the very pointers towards how to achieve that 'something' and the leading question I gave in answer.

There is no luck in making a great track. There is do or not do (to borrow Yoda). If you give up so easily there will only be pain. Do you want help? Do you want to learn?

yes i also tried predator i found something close but again that was not it....
sorry i'm just in a hurry or maybe i'm just not ready for this
i need to take a chill pill

Yes you do - the metaphorical chill pill that is.

Do you have a track yet? Remember as musicians we make music, that is notes + rhythms in an arrangement so as to tell some sort of story. Therefore, despite the garbage you read on Facebook etc, a musician's job is not about finding cool sounds mixing them, mastering them and then getting accolades (and hookers) off Spotifry. Have you made any music yet - no matter how much you may hate the sounds?

I am trying to get you to come at this sideways as the straight-on method you are using doesn't work. As I said,"B'in there" (reply after Van Damme said "Go to Hell" to the ugly dude).

If music is a thing you are driven to do then...

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0yODm0FDv4I
This is about as close as I could get it. It's not perfect but also I'm probably not using the same synthesizer. Have you ever tried recreating a sound you got on one synth on another synth? It's one of the most frustrating experiences and ultimately futile (yet for some reason I keep doing it...)
I would argue that probably most sounds on most songs were just what the artist got and went with and worked in context, and they probably didn't agonize over it too much. Imitation is important to art and important to learning in general, and it's a near certainty that your favorite artists have tried to replicate the sound of their favorite artists but never got perfect results. Ultimately they got something that was "close enough" and moved on.

Simple plucked supersaw with square bass. Any synth can do that.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

OK so you can look at the picture and copy the settings. It gets really close.

Settings are aw follows:
Mix: All the way left to only use Osc 1 (detune = 0)
Amp Decay 88, (release is irrelevant here but took screenshot beforehand)
Volume/Gain = 114, Velocity 0 (so there's no volume differences per note but this might be nice to add some life to a track)
Filter Decay 62, Amount 26 (again release is irrelevant)
Freq = 40, Resonance 10, Keytracking/ktr = Max
Unison 2, Detune 82, Spread 40 (the key to the tone/tambre is NOT using many voices)
Ann chorus to taste, just fills up the space a little, reverb will help too etc
I had a slight bump with an EQ around 900Hz and a very slight highpass
Cut a little to remove some muddy frequencies and a little boosting the top end will get you 95% there

GL
Let me know how you get on
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

The OP seems to not be answering any questions put to him so maybe he is no longer interested???

Who knows, but there was something about the sound of that supersaw that I wanted to recreate.
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

CHOOS wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:44 am Who knows, but there was something about the sound of that supersaw that I wanted to recreate.
So long as you're having fun. I'm left feeling like I wasted my time. But hey, people deserve that of me I am told :clap:

Benedict wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:43 am
CHOOS wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:44 am Who knows, but there was something about the sound of that supersaw that I wanted to recreate.
So long as you're having fun. I'm left feeling like I wasted my time. But hey, people deserve that of me I am told :clap:
That’s okay. I enjoyed the part about the zen koan and the well-crafted illusion. So your time was not entirely wasted.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Sound Design”