aphex twin synth

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

how does this genius make the high pitch synth starting at 1.24?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLHtV_S2HZw
Last edited by borjadja on Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't hear anything bright, just something filtered...

high pitch*, not bright

It sounds a bit like a flute to me. There’s endless ways to accomplish that, and I have no insight into what he actually did there. Could be a synth... mostly triangle wave with some noise mixed in. Or it could be physical modeling. Or a granular processing of a flute sample. The pitch is a bit wobbly... could have been recorded to tape. Or played with an expressive controller. Or a pitch bend wheel. Or some modular lfo routing. Or a plug-in. Or a stomp box. Point is, the sound isn’t particularly special or unique. What makes it special is RDJ bringing his unique sense of aesthetics to bear on the composition.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Considering it's Aphex Twin, it's probable that he used a common analog synth for that sound at that time (i think the album is already older). My guess would be that it's a filtered sawtooth.

chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:11 am Considering it's Aphex Twin, it's probable that he used a common analog synth for that sound at that time (i think the album is already older). My guess would be that it's a filtered sawtooth.
Yeah, it could easily be a heavily filtered sawtooth, or a triangle wave. The little bit 'o pitch wobble adds a lot to the patch's character. Nothing much to it, IMO.
A well-behaved signature.

Come to daddy and druckqs heavily used tracker programs
It wouldn't surprise me if it was just a handdrawn triangle wave , or a recording of a synth
Doesn't matter , the sound is simple , the music is great
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Probably a Oberheim Matrix-1000 preset...

Return to “Sound Design”