Looking to recreate this pluck

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time I've been trying to recreate this arp pluck sound (from the begining):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyocnY5iI8Q

I have no clue how to achieve this sound, maybe a pluck with cutoff+lfo ? Tried several techniques with no luck. I can't get this sound with cutoff, if anyone got any idea please let me know :)

Thank you, have a nice day

Sounds wavetable'ish to me. Probably one of the old Waldorf synths (Microwave etc) given the era of the track. I think what you're hearing that you can't recreate is an LFO on the wavetable position AND an LFO on a LPF.

stereocloud wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:06 am I have no clue how to achieve this sound, maybe a pluck with cutoff+lfo ? Tried several techniques with no luck. I can't get this sound with cutoff, if anyone got any idea please let me know :)

Thank you, have a nice day
Sounds like a saw (or 2 slightly detuned) through a steep Lowpass filter (e.g. 24 dB/Oct) with a lot of resonance. Relatively fast attack/decay (to silence) for both filter cutoff and amp. Each loop is exactly the same so it's probably a digital synthesizer (or its actually a sampled loop). The filter cutoff is then probably controlled by fixed MIDI velocities from a sequencer (not by hand or LFO). Some notes have the lower cutoff. E.g. the lowest note pairs alternate between a higher and lower cutoff. Might also have more resonance at higher notes (think TB303/Acid), which you can emulate/control with Keytrack.

Now it's mainly down to the oscillator shape. Probably a pure symmetric diagonal Saw or one with emphasized lower partials, curving above (and then below) the diagonal. And then the type of filter, which should be steep, clean and not to buzzy and not loose too much low end when resonance is increased. And of course the critical amount of resonance and upper an lower cutoff positions.

Best try and run the sequence/ARP while fiddling with the parameters....very hard to get this right playing individual notes by hand....

Good luck.

Thank you guys for the help and detail, much appreciated! I still struggling to achieve the sound, I'm not even close 😁

could even be two different synth parts ?

sqigls wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:13 pm could even be two different synth parts ?
Thought the same.. Arp is first and those accent sounds are the second..

Use a Wurli. Thank me later!

look at the volume for differences in velocity and whch might help if you have a good wurli vst (I dont)

midi ( not perfect but gets you close)
https://www68.zippyshare.com/v/RLFIwxJa/file.html
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

hehe)) why not 3 synths?) lol
It sounds like one alone mono synth, nothing more :)
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

Wants to pluck a chicken? :?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I hear a simple electric piano patch (may be made in FM synth or physically modeled) and notes played at different velocities (as CHOOS said).

interesting thing, everyone hear a different sound :)
I hear only a mono/acid sound with a soft filter attack, i think it's not so hard to recreate it
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

Return to “Sound Design”