need help recreating this deep pluck synth

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://youtu.be/yXY_dWHZmSk.

You can hear it fully at 0:40 seconds, that deep repeating pluck synth

Use a synth with with 3 oscs
1st Saw volume fairly low (sorry actually had the osc between saw/square) some synths can do this but with drive you might get similar results. I believe Surge (FREE) can do this
2nd triangle 2 octaves up
3rd triangle 7 semitones up from 2nd osc.

set volumes to taste and with a non-steep filter make a little bit of a pluck and use a little drive

GL
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

CHOOS wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:45 pm I believe Surge (FREE) can do this
There's not much Surge can't do. Had a quick try with Surge.

If you follow the recipe CHOOS gave above you'll get there. But instead of the first (sub)oscillator SAW, use a TRIANGLE. Since both the SAW and SQUARE and any mix between them (e.g. like the ones in the Classic oscillators) have way to much high frequency content, not filtered away by the non-steep filter.

So 3 TRIANGLES only I'd say (e.g. use the Triangle or TriSaw Wave table). You can shape them further to taste using Skew, Saturate and/or Shape. Not Formant, since that's a self sync function that will drasticaly change the oscillators spectrum.

Use Surge's one-pole ladder filter with the cutoff modulated quite a bit by a fast decay of Surge's fast analog (exp/log) ADSR. Set the Mixer Gain (= filter drive) to taste (+6dB generally sounds good).

Awesome, cant wait to try it. Thank you both.

it's a little simplistic answer and it'll need some tweaking but that will get you close.

GL

Scrap that. Didn't see my man Kwurqx's reply. He'll get you way closer I'm sure (I don't have surge installed)

GL

CHOOS wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:22 pm Scrap that. Didn't see my man Kwurqx's reply. He'll get you way closer I'm sure (I don't have surge installed)

GL
Surge is really worth installing....

Surge is by far the most versatile (polyphonic) free synth plugin (at this point in time). Fathom being a strong contender in the free but mono domain.

Not disqualifying the many other great free synths (and FX). I'm talking versatility here.

Return to “Sound Design”