How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The most accurate approach will be layering, putting a mono sine or triangle into the sub area, and then adding a stereo top layer, directly in the synth already. Then you can use various tools like a1 stereo control, but then you should also check your mix in mono, whether it looses too much energy in mono or sounds very dull due cancellation. Also note that wider sound usually is perceived louder (I guess due usual panning law +6dB), but sounds the same volume when mixed down into mono. With this in mind, you can actually choose if your bass should be wide or mono, based on the proper loudness relation to the other sounds in your mono mix. I also don't believe it is forbidden to widen a low/sub bass, as long as the spreaded sound is stable on both sides (so no lfo style widening like chorus etc).

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Use mid-side -processing, control Eq, compress etc. separate components, sounds always good (to me).

In my experience, the treshold listening anything in these sites, is very high.

Wouldn't you just keep the bass in Mono (250hz) and then spread the stereo in the higher frequencies?

Multiple ways you can do this... I tend to frequency split all my bass tracks - Low, mid and high. So you'll never encounter phase problems or lose power in the lower end.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Whatever the explanation, i really like that song. Thanks for sharing, it sort of made my night!

No offense intended, but, i wonder if the pros really test and adjust their tracks to mono speakers these days. I somehow doubt it. If that means compromising how the tracks sound in stereo, just so a few people can listen to them on their Bluetooth speakers and don't get a wrong impression, i really can't imagine that that is a common practice. Let's just say that this rather sounds like a myth to me. Simply because i can't figure out the benefit.

voidhead23 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:57 am Whatever the explanation, i really like that song. Thanks for sharing, it sort of made my night!
Emil Rottmayer's great, he makes consistently high quality stuff.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It doesn't sound terrible... just.. Mono :D

A certain note sounds cut off/muted.

Return to “Sound Design”