How to create a sound like this (Imagine Dragons)

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I'd like to know which sounds are these on the instrumental part starting at 1:10, it's like strings... And which kind of pad is on the chorus of the same song (beside the backing vocals, guitars and brass hits)?
Thanks for your time and knowledge

About the strings. There's a gazillion variants of strings. It's actually often used as a more general category/type of sounds. Varying from acoustic versions, synthetic versions and all sorts of combinations. Especially when layered and/or processed (e.g. chorus, reberb, EQ) hard to tell what was actually used in specific examples.

Generally details are harder to get "right" in the higher frequency / partial ranges (if it sounds real "clear"), especially if the sound is pretty much dry and natural (un- or minimally processed). It gets easier when it's sort of "muffled" by reverb and/or filtering/EQ and/or modulation and/or layering, since details get lost (like in this example).

Any way...

A relatively simple and FREE way to generate nice strings is Cheeze Machine 2.
A remake/reissue/update by the original developer Big Tick, now under 2getheraudio.
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/cheeze ... etheraudio

Thanks a lot. So are you suggesting me to layer several string tracks? Is there some tutorial for this kind of music. Because everything I find is more or less about other genres. I don't know why

Return to “Sound Design”