Bass of Beyonce love on top

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well...not to surprisingly...Synthmaster has various ways to quickly come close....

With it's superversatile Oscillators, Filters and Envelopes. You can just choose/adjust the right oscillator shape and dial in the (fixed) phase difference between the oscillator and suboscillator to get just the right spectrum. Then set and adjust a filter. Like the Virtual analog which allows you to adjust the filterslope to your need/taste. Some drive and/or distortion for the attack bit. Then set the ADSR envelope times and slopes/curves.

Not many free synths offer this kind of low level access/precision/versatility. Fathom MONO being one exception....

How does Asynth work in your Daw? Which Daw do you use? I have tried Asynth but it only works on my left channel in Sonar... Talking about Dexed.. which preset would you recommend? I am also looking for the lately fm patch in Dexed but I have not had much much luck yet!

surreal wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:30 pm How does Asynth work in your Daw? Which Daw do you use? I have tried Asynth but it only works on my left channel in Sonar...
ASynth is an 32-bit oldie from Antti (who is also on KVR).
http://antti.smartelectronix.com/

ASynth lives happily in my 64-bit Win10 / Reaper (which automatically bridges 32-bit plugins). You may need to "manually" bridge in other DAWs. It's MONO, but left and right channel should work
surreal wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:30 pm Talking about Dexed.. which preset would you recommend?
For this specific try I just started from scratch. I generally don't use "presets" (other then for inspiration, learning or a starting point) so can't help you there.

But....there's tons of commercial and free DX7 sysex patches/cartridges to be found on the Web. Dexed can generally just load these DX7 sysex files. It's goal is to be a close DX7 emulation. And most of the times it is.
surreal wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:30 pm I am also looking for the lately fm patch in Dexed but I have not had much much luck yet!
Lately Bass cannot be done on Dexed (or any other FM synth with just sines for operators). The original TX81Z patch uses a different waveform for one of the 4 operators used. But it can be emulated. Just as it was emulated as a sine-only preset on the DX100 (as Solid Bass).

For Dexed you can just follow any DX7 based instruction. The DX7 based instructions below is courtesy of madfame. It's not a 100% the same as the DX100 one due to technical/fysical differences between the DX7 and the DX100. But It's pretty close. Close enough for most I guess.

Yamaha DX7 Custom Patch Tutorial 11 | Solid Bass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LcJsiNkpb4

Well, I found another free synth that can come close. With fast enough envelopes, enough cutoff modulation range, a fast enough filter reaction to get that click in the attack. And MONO Legato. I'm actually quite surprised at how many plugins struggle to do this sort of bass.

Anyway: check out...

Matt Tytel's excellent and free Helm
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/helm-by-matt-tytel

The GUI needs some getting used to. Especially the "hidden" modulation matrix. Just click the "helmet" from a modulator source and adjust the desired modulation target to taste.

It has also a nice 2 osc modulation option, giving you a lot more options concerning the waveshape (compared to just just basic "analog" waveforms).

Return to “Sound Design”