Techno Synth

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys, how can i recreate this synth playing the main hook in this track? It's clear at 1:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvDdiNG4Du8

e.g. Dagger, use filter envelope, high res, drive, slapback delay about 50:50, some chorus. Oscillator settings come first, of course, there's some room for variation, according to taste. The other things are pretty standard.

Thank you for your prompt answer. What type of Oscillators do you think is this sound?

Look carefully at those in Dagger and what they can do, obviously I was not suggesting that you use another synthesizer for the oscillators, then send the result to Dagger - that would be impossible. I'm giving this particular plugin as an example, because it is perfect for techno. Simple and powerful.

dalysovich wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:23 pm Thank you for your prompt answer. What type of Oscillators do you think is this sound?
At this stage...

It's more about the filter(s) and their modulation/settting/use then the exact shape/sound of the oscillator(s).

It starts with a steep Low Pass Filter closed, slowly opening. Resonance turned up.

Depending on the filter resonance characteristics this may also cause the lower frequencies to be attenuated. But this could also be a separate High Pass Filter.

But there is a seperate static resonant filter too. You can hear the frequency/resonance of that filter does not move with the opening Lowpass filter.

perfumer wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:06 am Look carefully at those in Dagger and what they can do, obviously I was not suggesting that you use another synthesizer for the oscillators, then send the result to Dagger - that would be impossible. I'm giving this particular plugin as an example, because it is perfect for techno. Simple and powerful.
Thank you so much,

Kwurqx wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:59 pm
dalysovich wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:23 pm Thank you for your prompt answer. What type of Oscillators do you think is this sound?
At this stage...

It's more about the filter(s) and their modulation/settting/use then the exact shape/sound of the oscillator(s).

It starts with a steep Low Pass Filter closed, slowly opening. Resonance turned up.

Depending on the filter resonance characteristics this may also cause the lower frequencies to be attenuated. But this could also be a separate High Pass Filter.

But there is a seperate static resonant filter too. You can hear the frequency/resonance of that filter does not move with the opening Lowpass filter.
:pray: thank you

Return to “Sound Design”