slyder - score

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, i'm working on a remix of Slyder - Score (great song btw) and I would be grateful if anyone more experienced than me could make an attempt at recreating this synth sound (mp3: https://vocaroo.com/i/s15jIrgOVhC1 ). Of course, I will give you full credit for the sound when i release the remix, so feel free to also attach your yt/soundcloud or any other social and i will make sure to shout it out. I would strongly prefer it if the sound could be recreated using a stock FL Studio plugin, however if thats not possible, i dont mind third party plugins. A rendered one shot sample would also be appreciated.

flp would also be welcome if u wanna have a shot at recreating the melody too.

thanks a lot!

Seen your post on Image-line as well.
The sounds wont be hard but getting the right midi will be a bit of work

If you get all the midi right (maybe look online) it won't be so hard but there's a lot going on in the sample

Let us know ow you get on
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

CHOOS wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:37 pm Seen your post on Image-line as well.
The sounds wont be hard but getting the right midi will be a bit of work

If you get all the midi right (maybe look online) it won't be so hard but there's a lot going on in the sample

Let us know ow you get on
i might need to use a tuner of some sort or some guesswork to get the chords right, but i defo will make an attempt. however, im terrible at sound design, so i hope someone more experienced could attempt on this.

it's mostly supersaw type sounds but if you have the notes right. I'll definitely help out

CHOOS wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:50 pm it's mostly supersaw type sounds but if you have the notes right. I'll definitely help out
thats awesome! i'll start working on the chords asap. do you have any rough idea what synth you gonna use for it, because it would be great to have the preset/one shot before i start making the chords?

many thanks

any synth at all

I normally use Sytrus but I like Charlatan too because it's free so anyone can use the presets if you don't need a FM sound or more than 2 Osc's

Synthmaster One I own too which is awesome, low CPU etc but less people will have it

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

CHOOS wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:01 pm any synth at all

I normally use Sytrus but I like Charlatan too because it's free so anyone can use the presets if you don't need a FM sound or more than 2 Osc's

Synthmaster One I own too which is awesome, low CPU etc but less people will have it
sounds awesome. i got access to all of them!

Chapelle wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:25 pm Can't help with the sound, but I quickly made a rough MIDI to (hopefully) get you started:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2mkbowsqt8kc ... r.mid?dl=1

Preview of the MIDI:
https://soundcloud.com/chapellekvr/slyder/s-mADfv
omg! you absolute legend! you got any socials you want shouted out once i release the remix? also whats your producer tag, since i want to put your name in the title.
thank you sosososo much!!!!

LightBlazeMC wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:48 pm
CHOOS wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:01 pm any synth at all

the user above has made a midi file that sounds pretty much perfect. you wanna have a shot at remaking the sound? ofc ima credit u too!

hahahah if you open that midi into the default preset for sytrus and open the filter you're nearly there.

Just on my way out but I'll have a look again tomorrow when I have some time to make it better

CHOOS wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:12 pm hahahah if you open that midi into the default preset for sytrus and open the filter you're nearly there.

Just on my way out but I'll have a look again tomorrow when I have some time to make it better
ok sure sounds great! thanks for the info! btw, The LD Supersaw 4x from the 808 Mafia pack in Nexus 2 sounds pretty close as well! also could i have your socials and your producer tag to credit u properly?

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

So I made a preset for charlatan that's pretty close to the one in the song
It's dry so add reverb/delay to taste

Let us/me know if you need any help with the other sounds?

GL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CHOOS wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:39 pm So I made a preset for charlatan that's pretty close to the one in the song
It's dry so add reverb/delay to taste

Let us/me know if you need any help with the other sounds?

GL
thanks a lot, sounds amazing! thank you for all the support. i will make sure to notify you when i release the remix!

Return to “Sound Design”