How to make this Nocturnal gliding monark/moog sound?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I cant seem to get anywhere close to the intro sound of this gliding slightly out of tune synth part

https://soundcloud.com/nativeinstrument ... slow-glide

I can match the pitch glide no problems but cant get the raw sound anything like the demo?!

any ideas much appreciated!

You try to take the pulse waveform as a basis. In a few votes. Noise with fluctuations. Then you can mix a triangular wave. Her setting is shifted to a few notes.
:phones:

I just listened and I made something like this a long time ago
If you get any synth with 3 Osc's it's pretty simple to get really close.
This makes it even easier to make those glides as well

Set all 3 osc's to triangle. (You're making a minor chord)
2nd osc up by 3 semitones
3rd osc up by 7 semitones

I added some Camelcrusher with a high resonance at 2.4k and a bit of drive.
There's a lot of reverb on the original too.

It sound fairly lo-fi so you could do some bitcrushing or other effects.

extra's
Detune the oscillators a few cents up or down or add a lfo to not make it sound too digital.
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

I think they samples a minor chord and are playing it back at different speeds/notes

look at the picture below.
the high frequencies disappear exactly at the same rate as the note gets lower
so it's not a filter that is set to say 10l or whatever.
That also helps getting that Lo-Fi sound

OK I can't seem to upload picture for some reason but thats what I have here

Thanks for all input! I got a hell of alot closer now. the triangle wave with minor cord was right on the money and reverb and effects help a great deal. I think its going to be a nightmare to match 100% but im happy with were I got to

glad to help
I like figuring things out myself which helps make other sounds too

Dissentuk wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:44 pm Thanks for all input! I got a hell of alot closer now. the triangle wave with minor cord was right on the money and reverb and effects help a great deal. I think its going to be a nightmare to match 100% but im happy with were I got to
That sounds very closely to the sound from NI. Add some reverb and delay effects + some distortion to it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

holy F**K thanks loop blanc! thats litrally exactly what I was looking for. theres a sweet spot u got there from canceling out that resonance with feedback but leaving a really nice tone. Learned alot from this!!

Return to “Sound Design”