Modern dubstep sounds

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What kind of processing are you guys using to make the sounds so fat yet clean??? I've been guessing around with stuff like saturation plugins and compression, parallel processing... small amounts of chorus and phaser... but i feel like at some point during the beefing process...even when i'm trying to take care of the sound to the best of my ability that i'm processing it starts to sound just more and more unclean??? I thought about maybe leaving the unaffected version of the sound on top volume wise and decking out a send channel with all the stuff i usually do and blending it behind the original clean sound i generated from serum or whatever.. but i would like to get some info if possible before heading back down the rabbit hole THANKS

to get that clean sound from a nasty dirty sound is to high-pass it and then add a separate sine sub or even a low-passed triangle/square/saw
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

CHOOS wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:00 pm to get that clean sound from a nasty dirty sound is to high-pass it and then add a separate sine sub or even a low-passed triangle/square/saw
I have been doing this, though i'm not sure where to high pass it because ive seen different artists highpass it at different points, both the sine sub and the mid range bass, ive seen people do it from 125-200 but i'm not sure where I should do it... where do you cut each and what db slope do you use???

it really depends on the sound.
If it sounds good how you did it then it's good.
if it sounds too thin or maybe too thick then it sounds too thick/thin

Sorry for the annoying answer but it really is that simple.
Blast the volume of the tune at full whack and mix it then. see how different settings sound and choose the best one.

After that do the same at low volumes and see if it's still ok. maybe it needs adjusting so then you might want to choose somewhere in the middle.

If you have an example I can have a look/listen but other than that my answer will be quite generic.

GL
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Return to “Sound Design”