Free Xiosynth Soundbanks

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello KVR forums!
I'm kind-of new to KVR (first post wooo!) but have been into sound design for a long time running now.

Now I know that this site is about audio plug-ins, but I just want to gauge the interest that would be generated if I were to release free soundbanks and patches for the Novation Xiosynth. I don't know how many I would make, but I noticed that there are barely any on the internet bar those included with the synth, and I wanted to change that (It's an awesome synth, you see.)

I'm not 100% sure whether this belongs in this forum, but it sounded most appropriate to me at the time. If it really is out of place, please ask a moderator to move it.

Thanks,
RDyt.

I just uploaded the first wave of patches and a (really-short-and- not-very-well-played) audio demo of them. I figured it would be a better bump than just "BUMP"

http://rileydyt.blogspot.com/

Bump
I'm making free xiosynth patches if anyon's interested.

Hey i just saw your post.Welcome to kvr :)

Thanks for the patches!
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Hello..
thanks for the patches.
ive been looking for some patches for xiosynth.
Ive been trying to makes patches for xiosynth aswell, mostly copying from a softsynth's preset, Synth1, or the v-station itself.
Still cant quite figure out PWM and LFO's :-)

btw, i have problems when using fm, it detunes on high and very low notes (c6 or c7 upwards). do you have it too?

sun2z_emily wrote:Hello..
thanks for the patches.
ive been looking for some patches for xiosynth.
Ive been trying to makes patches for xiosynth aswell, mostly copying from a softsynth's preset, Synth1, or the v-station itself.
Still cant quite figure out PWM and LFO's :-)

btw, i have problems when using fm, it detunes on high and very low notes (c6 or c7 upwards). do you have it too?
When you use FM, only detune the oscillators in octaves, otherwise it will sound terrible. But yes, the downside to FM is in the extreme ranges the sound will detune. I'm pretty sure thats just a generic FM thing, because that happened on my micron as well, and on the my mate's D-20.
I'm making free xiosynth patches if anyon's interested.

RDyt wrote:
When you use FM, only detune the oscillators in octaves, otherwise it will sound terrible. But yes, the downside to FM is in the extreme ranges the sound will detune. I'm pretty sure thats just a generic FM thing, because that happened on my micron as well, and on the my mate's D-20.
???

and FM with a D-20?
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Thanks for these banks! Your bobwouldbeproud patch has been my jumping off point for the synth bass sounds I use live. I caught your videos on youtube as well when I was checking out the xiosynth for purchase, so double thank you. I really like the sound of the xio and will probably love it more when I get used to programming it.

sun2z_emily wrote:btw, i have problems when using fm, it detunes on high and very low notes (c6 or c7 upwards). do you have it too?
At least when it comes to high notes, it's due to extreme aliasing and should vanish if you reduce FM-Amount. Usualy I'd recomment to reduce FM-Amount on higher frequencies only, but I don't think the Xio can do that...
RDyt wrote:When you use FM, only detune the oscillators in octaves, otherwise it will sound terrible.
Would recommend to use 5th (-5/7 semi +/- a few cents) as well...
A formant is a preferred resonating frequency of any acoustical system.

I've been searching for patches for the Xio for a while now and 95% of the time, i find your soundbank from 2008. Is there really nobody else doing presets for this baby?

Btw, haven't loaded your sounds yet, but thanks for making them available :)

Isn't XioSynth capable of importing ie. V-Station presets ?

V station, A station, X station, K station and KS4/5/R
Your sounds are very cool RDyt!
I've created about 19 sounds now and still working on more.

D N A wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:56 pm Isn't XioSynth capable of importing ie. V-Station presets ?
is this the case??

Return to “Sound Design”