Got MorphoX, Spectral

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

These synths I find have a place in the arsenal, along with CRX4 and Saxlab2, so there they go. They have sound textures and colours that can be unique. They can be unique enough that I do not mind a bit of flickering when running them in Linux (whole screen in MorphoX whereas with Spectral it is mostly contained to the knob that's being modified). None of that flickering with CRX4 and Saxlab2 but then, these two UIs do not have resizing capabilities neither.

A question about MorphoX which I'm focusing on for now. Is there a way to initialize everything as for starting a new sound from scratch ?

UPDATE: All right - I found the init patch !

UPDATE2: Using ECS, the flickering is reduced to the knob/slider instead of the full screen, which is nice. And being able to save/load ECS setups is great. I will assign a lot of controls that way.

The only thing though, is that for instance when the cutoff for A is assigned to a controller, then it will only work for A and will not work for B when control is switched over to B. Solution: use the 'ECS to A+B' option.

Cheers.
Last edited by mevla on Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Good synths! I especially like MorphoX.

Is there a forum of Linplug synths users around ?

MorphoX and CRX4 are works of art.

Linplug's stuff has always been very under-rated. Probably the most under-rated VST's of all time.

It's with a tear in my eye to watch them go.

Peter has always been an amazing person to deal with and talk to, as well. Where others just paid lip service, he genuinely engaged and connected. He went way above and beyond the call of duty when dealing with little old me. A true gentleman. A rare kind.

But his work speaks for itself apart from that. It's never been bettered. To see him bowing out with such good grace is telling and indicative of his higher nature - I'm sure it may rankle and hurt more than he lets on. I'm really sorry to see him go. I won't ever have another music machine that makes better sounds. It just doesn't get better than Linplug. The sounds, the simplicity, the interface. No one has ever improved on this totality of perfection. Put a gun to my head. Give me only one VST maker. I choose Linplug. There from the beginning... and to the very end...

Having said all that, there can be a bit of a rawness to the Linplug plugins. And all the better for that. But at the same time, you will never hear a smoother or sweeter pad or drone. You can't define these plugins. They cover the whole range. There isn't anything you can't do with them. Versatile. Fun. Puts a smile on your face. You might need to work for the extra sweetness. But it's there. When you know where to look, it's never far away.

I'm going to buy MorphoX and CRX4 before they stop selling. If I can't afford both, I will just get MorphoX. If not, there is always the very generous demos.

This is me. Lucy Linplug! I knocked this track together with my full copy of Spectral and the demos of CRX4 and MorphoX. Rendered out in Ableton.

https://soundcloud.com/user-924669043/cronix-42-mix

Hell, I went hogwild and did a remix in Cubase. Here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/user-924669043/cromix-16

The drums are FXpansion and StiX. But all synths are Linplug.

Beautiful pad machines. Full of movement. Silk.

The presets I used were just tweaked a bit. You don't get a massive amount of them, but what you do get are very good and workman-like. There are plenty though. More than enough for me.

Intoxicating.

It's the end of an era.

I'm much impressed by MorphoX. I went through the manual and started to fiddle around. Assigned 17 knobs and sliders from the keyboard to parameters and saved that setup. It's almost fascinating how it's possible to come up with richly interesting sounds. The sounds that are bundled with the synth are only part of it.

Some synths do come up with very impressive, detailed sounds. But these sounds are often not so easy to include in a mix as they tend to grab all the attention for themselves. The sounds that can be made with MorphoX falls into the category of sounds that are very portable while bringing textures and modulations that adds to a mix, that complements a mix instead of pulling everything towards them.

The benefits of having MorphoX sounds for me surpasses some drawbacks of running the synth in Linux. I already devised some practical ways to work around. And yes, the simplicity of the interface allows for a full discovery of sounds. Everything is where it is to help in exploring sounds. Simple and open. Later on I'll start with Spectral although I have the impression I can spend some time in exploring sounds with MorphoX. I certainly do not regret getting these two synths even though I have really not much of a budget for these. It's one of those occasions that should not be missed and will repay in creative explorations.

This all said, your tracks are pretty good.

Cheers.

I found MorphoX to be one of those overpowering synths. This was a rare case where I could make it fit in. Then again, I'm only talking about a few attempts.

I probably wouldn't use it that much. But others might use it a lot more. It depends on their style. But it's still a great synth to have in the box. Linplug are very generous with their demos.

I'm glad I bought Spectral. That gets a lot of use. A true treasure trove of sound. Albino too is another I'm proud to own. I even like their Organ plugin: Organ 3.

Spectral is an amazing synth. I'd advise anyone to go there first of all if they are new to this. Also, copies of Albino can be got for very little money, if you are lucky in the market place. Kudos to Rob Papen for doing the design and architecture of that synth, but Peter did the nuts and bolts and made it sound as good as it did. It's an old argument now, and not one I want to bring up, but credit where it is due. Peter is a coding genius. Then again so is Jon Ayers.

Linplug leave an amazing legacy.

This is a marker for me, how much it's all changing in VST land. Sure, it's been on the cards for a long time, but still...

I'm a poor pundit. But I'm a decent enough punter. I've bought everything I wanted from Linplug. They made it possible for the fair man to get a fair price. If anything, they may not have been ruthless enough in their particular marketplace. Not for me to say.

I can only wish them well. And thank them for the truly amazing work they leave behind. That will still be heard and used on hit records for decades to come...

(and silly little musings like mine, that mean everything to those making it)

This was very obviously a labour of love. It set the bar for others. I can't help but think that only really Urs raised it higher.

Peter and the team get the highest of kudos from me, fwiw. I know that there's a few others here that feel the same way, Tek included.

We are overloaded and oversaturated. Peter was a leader and an outlier. I don't think anyone on this forum will disagree with that.

A sad day. An end of an era.

A way to go out with a bit of class. That's Peter. That's Linplug.

Return to “LinPlug”