Closing business

RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's a real shame, Peter. Linplug products were always so good - innovative, fun to use, and of course they sound great.
I still use CRX4 and Spectral in everything I make. You'll be missed. Best of luck in your future endeavours.
And a Happy Christmas :)

Good luck to you in whatever comes next, and of course thanks for your generosity over the years - not just in terms of the free plug-ins, but also donating licences for prizes in the song contest etc.

Too bad LinPlug closed :( I really enjoyed working with Albino.

missed the sale too... :?

Yeah sad to see :(

Might there ever be a comeback Peter (even if chances are really low...)?

If plugin alliance started to sell linplug? 🤔

Which dev is supporting/updating the plugins? If Peter isnt able to, that would mean he has to give his code away which makes it a tricky situation. BTW I dont want to see that linplug gold gets branded under the PA banner, at least not for now...

They closed the doors. I saw nothing to indicate they would pass the code, release the code, or morph as part of any other business. I think it is just done. Making it more challenging is that it was not left as abandonware, or free, nor can you any longer transfer licenses.

I really wish something would happen, but I don't see that becoming a thing.

I was using Saxlab2 yesterday, Tenor Peters -> Tenor Middle. Even though I have sampled tenor saxes of various kinds, there's something with Saxlab2, some grit, some presence, that makes it often a go-to for saxophones.

I had the misfortune to miss the message they were closing in December when I was strongly considering CRX4 for purchase. I downloaded the demo and spent a few months playing with it, and when I finally decided "yes, this is perfect, I'm ready to buy it!" to my horror the official site was down and I was out of luck.

It sucks cause I'd known of Linplug for a long time (big fan of FreeAlpha) and wanted to get a couple of their plugins before they were gone forever, but I missed the boat big time. If the closing announcement had been on their site back in December I probably would have impulse-bought a bunch.

At any rate, if anyone has a CRX4 serial they're willing to part with, PM me. I'll gladly pay the final $50 price for for it over Paypal... I just wish I could have payed it to Linplug.

same for me :(

Gnalvl wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:18 pm I had the misfortune to miss the message they were closing in December when I was strongly considering CRX4 for purchase. I downloaded the demo and spent a few months playing with it, and when I finally decided "yes, this is perfect, I'm ready to buy it!" to my horror the official site was down and I was out of luck.

It sucks cause I'd known of Linplug for a long time (big fan of FreeAlpha) and wanted to get a couple of their plugins before they were gone forever, but I missed the boat big time. If the closing announcement had been on their site back in December I probably would have impulse-bought a bunch.

At any rate, if anyone has a CRX4 serial they're willing to part with, PM me. I'll gladly pay the final $50 price for for it over Paypal... I just wish I could have payed it to Linplug.
Even though LinPlug is out of business I don't believe it's legal to sell the serial number.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Gnalvl wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:18 pm I had the misfortune to miss the message they were closing in December.
Exactly how I feel about Loftsoft FM Heaven... used to cost $40 via PayPal on site but i was skeptical of that payment method. Now the site disappeared.

Sad to see these companies and plugins die. :cry:

Unfortunately there is no capacity for a second hand market for soft synths, which is a shame, because people will buy and sell vintage hardgear until the end of the universe. Of course unless the developer releases freeware/opensource like happened to Steinberg Model-E (freeware), or Surge (now open source)..

Return to “LinPlug”