Albino 3 question

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, I know it's discontinued and we're nearing the official "no more updates" date... I have a question regarding this awesome "vintage" plugin ehehe ;)

It seems that Albino3Banks and Microtuning folder always need to be right along the plugin's DLL file... I'd like to have all the presets and necessary plugin files placed outside of my VST plugins folder. There are thousands of files/presets/scales in there, and this (believe it or not) actually makes Reaper load slower than it should (because it enumerates files in the plugin folder/s before it scans for changes in DLL files etc. - and we cannot disable this unfortunately!).

So, would it be too much to ask for an option to set a location for Albino3Banks folder, or is it already possible (I know for Spectral I can do a registry edit to change the folder locations - that I've done already)? Symlinks wouldn't work, since that just redirects the fopen() command, so it still makes Reaper to go to the symlinked location and enumerate files...

Thank you, Peter, you da man! :tu: :hyper:

Nothing? :(

No more Albino updates, Its out of service since End 2014, I'm sorry

Thought so. :(

So there isn't any way I could move out Albino3Banks folder elsewhere and have it referenced by the plugin? Registry?

There is a Reg entry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER for Albino Presets but I don't know if it addresses the factory presets. The last part of the path includes my custom patches folder but that's not what loads when Albino is initiated. It always loads with "Demo Sounds" as the loaded bank.

I'm kind of hesitant to muck about the Registry but it would make scan times much faster when loading certain DAWs by moving Albino's patch library out of the VST folder.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No, there is no way to move it, I'm sorry.

Egh, shame. :(

Return to “LinPlug”