Rob Papen - Impressions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. I´m looking to buy Rob Papen eXplorer6 (all products with special price). I have almost all most famous VSTi on the market (Ominisphere, All U-he, NI Komplete 12 Special Edition, All Arturia plug-ins, and much more,,,).

I like to explore all products from the market. Rob Papen seems to be outdated for me, so I left it for the end to check.

Any experience here?
Thank you
Last edited by alexbaroni on Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

I'm not saying this is better or not than Papen eXplorer6 but it is another different option that's also on sale from a solid developer. AAS Modeling Collection for $249.
https://www.applied-acoustics.com/products/

I do have his RP-Delay and A-Mod which are very nice, but no instruments. I do have all the AAS stuff which I think is awesome.
Last edited by Steve Bolivar on Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

sometimes less plugin is better, but if youre a real collector, you must own RP products.
i have owned them for a long time.

Get phase plant, avenger and spire...sad but RP is outdated...

alexbaroni wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:50 pm Hi. I´m looking to buy Rob Popen eXplorer6 (all products with special price). I have almost all most famous VSTi on the market (Ominisphere, All U-he, NI Komplete 12 Special Edition, All Arturia plug-ins, and much more,,,).

I like to explore all products from the market. Rob Popen seems to be outdated for me, so I left it for the end to check.

Any experience here?
Thank you
I might sell you mine if you’re serious, pm me :)

hivkorn wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:41 pm Get phase plant, avenger and spire...sad but RP is outdated...
Ridiculous. He just released Punch 2, which is pretty much the only drum solution that has extensive support for both samples and synthesis. It has polyrythm, 8 out, 8 parts of 4 channels each, extensive sample library/presets and you can also use your own samples. You call this outdated?
And buying Explorer 6 will get you about 4 extra instruments yet to be released.

Rob's instruments also feature an extensive range with even idiosyncratic instruments dedicated to hardstyle beats or guitar licks.

Serpent? Dated. Harpsichord? Dated. Viola da gamba? Dated. Ophicleide? Dated.

Rob Papen instruments (and effects) — still going strong. I wouldn't want to be without them.

Applied Acoustics' plug-ins are superb too, though very different.

I only have Blue2 by Rob Papen but it's superb

Blue 2, Punch 2, .B.I.T are excellent instruments.
Predator is also great and works as a vocoder too :yu:

hivkorn wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:41 pm Get phase plant, avenger and spire...sad but RP is outdated...
Outdated in what way? I have the RP bundle and it's great. The synths sound excellent and there is a lot to choose from. Many have been updated with scalable UIs and there are some new synths. I think they release at least a synth and effect every year. They are top tier as far as I am concerned, in the same class as U-he but a little more out-of-the-box. And the effects are really good too with some unique approaches.
Last edited by plexuss on Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mary Poppins Plugins are much better they do sound dated from the 60's but they are freeware :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Popen!

Two collections if I were stranded on an island:
Rob Papen
Spectrasonics

i can do the walk but the voice is tricky.

plexuss wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:43 pm
Outdated in what way? I have the RP bundle and it's great. The synths sound excellent and there is a lot to choose from. Many have been updated with scalable UIs and there are some new synths. I think they release at least a synth and effect every year. They are top tier as far as I am concerned, in the same class as U-he but a little more out-of-the-box. And the effects are really good too with some unique approaches.
i forget to say , only my opinion .... :wink:

Return to “Instruments”