Xils-Lab X-505 String Machine 'The Analog Orchestra' : Released + intro price

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
XILS 505

Lotuzia wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:53 pm
sqigls wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:07 pm sounds frickon stunning

Lotuzia, your patches are A+ as per usual.
Nice work Xils-Lab :D
Thanks a lot. Two of the presets I used were made by Ingo Weidner, and another one by Kelvin Ford. Thanks to them for the inspiration :tu: :tu:
Hi Lotuzia, I ordered the String Bundle the download link for XILS V+ doesn't work?

Edit: The iLok one link, eLicenser works but is no good for me.

Also, I haven’t received my iLok codes or any confirmation of purchase from Xils-Lab, I had a PayPal receipt.

simmo75 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:16 pm
Lotuzia wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:53 pm
sqigls wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:07 pm sounds frickon stunning

Lotuzia, your patches are A+ as per usual.
Nice work Xils-Lab :D
Thanks a lot. Two of the presets I used were made by Ingo Weidner, and another one by Kelvin Ford. Thanks to them for the inspiration :tu: :tu:
Hi Lotuzia, I ordered the String Bundle the download link for XILS V+ doesn't work?

Edit: The iLok one link, eLicenser works but is no good for me.

Also, I haven’t received my iLok codes or any confirmation of purchase from Xils-Lab, I had a PayPal receipt.
Yes the link is broken, thanks for the warning . For the V+/Mac Ilok you can go to : previous versions, and choose the v1.0.6 version (the difference is V+ v1.5 has the new preset manager added iirc) You can then install v1.5 over it no problem.

For the licences, I don't know, I think it's an automated process (maye check the spambox first ?) . If you provide me your details (by PM, in private) I'll fw them to Xils so that they can investigate this case), and I'll keep you informed. In any case, I'm confident a solution will be found quickly
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

BlackWinny wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:01 pm Hello Laurent !

I would really like you to make an extra soundset for this gem.
:love:
HelloOo Jacques,

Thanks. Well there's much more to do with this 'Analog Orchestra' than I first thought, so ...

I'm musing with the idea tbh :) Hope there is indeed.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

I must be thick. Can somebody please post the link that describes the "string bundle" as well as the 35€ crossgrade price from V+? I am not seeing these on the Xils site.

bharris22 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:47 pm I must be thick. Can somebody please post the link that describes the "string bundle" as well as the 35€ crossgrade price from V+? I am not seeing these on the Xils site.
Just found it - You scroll down below the main products page and there's a separate bit just for upgrades. Here's a direct link to the crossgrade page :

https://www.xils-lab.com/products/analo ... p-164.html

Excellent - thanks!

Anyone know when the intro price ends?

bharris22 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:47 pm I must be thick. Can somebody please post the link that describes the "string bundle" as well as the 35€ crossgrade price from V+? I am not seeing these on the Xils site.
You're lucky because the real upgrade intro price to the String Machine Bundle is 39€ (Msrp 59€). 35€ was the random price they put while building the site page, and it stayed like that ... until the 1rst orders came.

Upgrade from V+ to Xils String Machines Bundle page

Lotuzia wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:27 am
You're lucky because the real upgrade intro price to the String Machine Bundle is 39€ (Msrp 59€). 35€ was the random price they put while building the site page, and it stayed like that ... until the 1rst orders came.

cool that i bought it for 35€ without testing. I tried it later yesterday and was realy happy with this new synth, allthoug I was thinking that another string maschine could be boring, but especialy in the bass and brass sounds there are very typical roland sounds. I like it.

I also updated my V+ to version 1.5
When i skipped through the presets, I got a terrible, loud noisy distortion tone, which could damage my ears and speaker. This noise was on hold, till i switched to next preset.
After reloading the plugin and switching through presets, it happens again, so there must be something wrong with V+ 1.5

Thanks! When does the sale on the upgrade end?

Glad to see another XILS doing another paraphonic. PolyM, another XILS favorite is underrated and does some of the best strings.

V+ was a turning point for ITB emulation of hardware (nobody could pass the blind A/B). Before then Imposcar (2003) and Oddity by Gforce were some of the few accurate emulations of digital and analog synths.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=398620
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Just noticed that the 505 strings seem to be lightly hi-passed at around 100 Hz and the V+ strings can sound fuller on their own (only noticeable in the low octave obviously), although the 505 easily compensates with the synthesizer section and eventually gets a very similar low-end.

Besides that, the 505 sounds amazing and it's very nice to use: with few buttons and faders it quickly gives acces to multiple sound sources to blend-in for very specific end results.

electro wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:25 pm PolyM, another XILS favorite is underrated and does some of the best strings.
Yes, the PolyM is amazing. And to think I wasn't interested at first.
It sounds so full, heavy and unstable (in a good way).
71 voices of awesomeness :love:

sacer wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:43 pm

cool that i bought it for 35€ without testing. I tried it later yesterday and was realy happy with this new synth, allthoug I was thinking that another string maschine could be boring, but especialy in the bass and brass sounds there are very typical roland sounds. I like it.

Bass sounds, or leads, remind me a lot of the SH-9 character. Same era.

bharris22 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:45 pm

Thanks! When does the sale on the upgrade end?
February 29th. (leap year :))

Niowiad wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:57 am Just noticed that the 505 strings seem to be lightly hi-passed at around 100 Hz and the V+ strings can sound fuller on their own (only noticeable in the low octave obviously), although the 505 easily compensates with the synthesizer section and eventually gets a very similar low-end.

Besides that, the 505 sounds amazing and it's very nice to use: with few buttons and faders it quickly gives acces to multiple sound sources to blend-in for very specific end results.

electro wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:25 pm PolyM, another XILS favorite is underrated and does some of the best strings.
Yes, the PolyM is amazing. And to think I wasn't interested at first.
It sounds so full, heavy and unstable (in a good way).
71 voices of awesomeness :love:
Compared to V+ Strings Section you can balance strings 8' and 4' registers for both Upper/Lower keyboards. And you can also modulate this balance. So it's more versatile. The base character is alslo different, as you noticed.

For layers/ensemble sounds, the different envelope settings for each section, as well as the ammount of Chorus they received really help to design a lot of different 'orchestral' textures, or pads, or even keys/plucks etc.

Exactly, at the moment I'm really loving a slower attack on the bass layer compared to the rest of the sound on string pads :oops:

The advanced BASS panel is also much more interesting and useful than I already assumed.

I have no idea about the actual hardware, but that low-end roll off on the string section much likely ends up being functional to the other two sections, in order to let them blend-in without excessive build-up.
Beautiful :harp:

Return to “Instruments”