Xils-Lab X-505 String Machine 'The Analog Orchestra' : Released + intro price

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
XILS 505

alienmachine wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:51 am
Lotuzia wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:43 pm Btw here's the -wip- GUI/UI of the X-505 (Also put in first thread)

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Just what I wanted for Christmas! :hihi:

A picture ?
:hihi:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

:lol: :lol:

@BlackWinny

that Yamaha SK30 is indeed a fine ensemble, albeit appears to be very underrated, almost forgotten.

weight 160 pounds, OK. Yamaha loved them bulky.

Anymore news or updates on the release of this?

Here are several awesome old tracks from Alain Barrière, a great French musician who passed away five days ago, at 84 years old. He died only five days ago of a heart attack after many strokes these last years, and he is buried precisely at this moment while I'm writing, today, just 12 days after his wife, artist herself too, who died at the beginning of this month from a lightning cancer. They were living together since 1975 and were still in love as the first day and had always promised to die together. It's often a simple wish from many lovers... but for them it became true.

In addition to his songs translated in many languages throughout the world he was a king of the piano and of the string-synths in France, mainly with the RS-101, the RS-202, the RS-505, and the VP-330.

Here are several (just three, far from all, he produced many instrumentals in addition to his songs) of his instrumental works where these Roland string-synths have a very great part:

The first one is composed with a strong inspiration from Bach and from Heandel, hence the title:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3FNjtEcqc4

The second one is a part of a series of incredibly beautiful songs and musics in homage to his natal region, the French Brittany:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhxczq-bFgY

The third one is an instrumental version he made from a song he previously released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcQ_H_1UaB0

He made many tracks of that kind, some being known as among the best love song and romantic musics ever.

Rest In Peace.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Stringzy wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:54 am @BlackWinny

that Yamaha SK30 is indeed a fine ensemble, albeit appears to be very underrated, almost forgotten.

weight 160 pounds, OK. Yamaha loved them bulky.
Yes. Really one of these models of old string-synths which have stayed almost unknown but that I would really love to get.

Yes. Really one of these models of old string-synths which have stayed almost unknown but that I would really love to get.
what about SS30? while strictly a "stringer", a fine keyboard, nevertheless.

Stringzy wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:47 pm
what about SS30? while strictly a "stringer", a fine keyboard, nevertheless.
Yes. And even as a string-synth it had not a lot of possibilities of sounds, but the very few sounds it produced were wonderful. A bit the same situation as was the Elka Rhapsody or the Logan String Melody (II) at this same time.
:)

The release is a bit delayed but it should not be long now.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Can't wait to try this myself, but in the meantime what would you say sets this apart from the V+ ? :harp:

edited:
Actually I just confronted the GUIs and I can picture it being pretty different to use with all the buttons to engage the different string octaves. I'm expecting some epic ensemble.

Can't wait :borg:

Niowiad wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:18 pm Can't wait to try this myself, but in the meantime what would you say sets this apart from the V+ ? :harp:

edited:
Actually I just confronted the GUIs and I can picture it being pretty different to use with all the buttons to engage the different string octaves. I'm expecting some epic ensemble.

Can't wait :borg:
A similar question was asked on another forum, so I'll merely c/p my answer there :

'Seen as a String machine only : In the RS-505, you can balance the 4' and 8' register for each keyboard. This is more flexible than on the VP. The TOD sound is also a bit different, as is the quadruple BBD Chorus.

Then, RS-505 also have an additional 'synthesizer' section, which the VP-330 lacks. The filter is pretty raw. And a 'Bass' Section.

It lacks the Vocoder section though, but as your question is 'if one already has the VP'.

So, all of these hybrid-analog-TOD machines had some specific, sometimes weird, features that made them 'unique'. Some people will just want 'one' because it's the exact magical string sound they are after, or is just 'one of these sounds of an era you can only get with genuine TOD oscillators emulation (+filter, BBD etc), and, in this case, one is enough. And sometimes people will want more than one, because this one has a Vocoder, and that one a 'Synthesizer' (wow). Or simply, because this is KVR.'
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

So eta? Price?

Bump? I mean, announced but not? heh.

There are still a few knots left in the strings.
:D

BlackWinny wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:13 am There are still a few knots left in the strings.
:D
It took me a while to get it.

Return to “Instruments”