Arturia Pigments 2 (Free Update): Now it's Granular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Is it just my impression, or did they really lower the CPU usage a lot?
I didn't expect this upgrade to be free. Awesome!

T-CM11 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:29 pm Is it just my impression, or did they really lower the CPU usage a lot?
I'd like to know more about that.

I take it the Arturia server is being hammered for this update? I can't login.

Edit: Finally got in. Took a load of attempts, but at least I have it now.
Last edited by WatchTheGuitar on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

can you drag and drop samples off your daw into the pigments 2 sampler?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

off to download! this is fantastic! MPE and granular, new filters and a sequencer! :love:

Falcon and Pigments are really stepping it up lately with the free updates. Which is great because I'm trying not to buy more VI's! :hihi:

I don't remember how a much was usage in pre-granular version (and not have Pigments, just short tried demo once), but now i would say at least what regards single granular engine (Template\Granular Pad example), with those knobs setting when grains diffusion become "nice texture" (Density knob at about 2hour position, and for Size knob the same), and together with maximal D\C\R envelope vca knobs values (that important for fair test) - and during running all available voices in this template - i see usage about 13%, that not a bad result imo, for such sound result.
BUT
Increase values of Density and Size knobs, to more than 2hour position, will drastically increase cpu usage as i observe now, but it does not add tangible benefits to the sound, as it seemed to me.
So, theoretically (conditionally) can say that cpu using is not a big. Although yes, there are values that will kill the CPU immediately :( :lol: :oops:

zadillo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:45 pm I’ve got V Collection 7 and my personal cross grade price to get Pigments 2 is $49
DEAL :hyper:
I'm jumping on this.

Caine123 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:09 pm can you drag and drop samples off your daw into the pigments 2 sampler?
Just tried it in FL Studio and the answer is yes.

Vortifex wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:25 pm
Caine123 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:09 pm can you drag and drop samples off your daw into the pigments 2 sampler?
Just tried it in FL Studio and the answer is yes.
thx man, wow this makes it awesome. i wanna test it against other granular synths padshop 2 etc.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

This should seriously give pause to anyone considering a Quantum. In some ways it's more flexible, and sure is less expensive! :)

realtrance wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:27 pm This should seriously give pause to anyone considering a Quantum. In some ways it's more flexible, and sure is less expensive! :)
Yeah... almost a VST Quantum... well, except 6 operator FM

...and 6 OP FM on each of 3 oscillators. :)

realtrance wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:27 pm This should seriously give pause to anyone considering a Quantum. In some ways it's more flexible, and sure is less expensive! :)
I thought the same. It will be harder now to justify the purchase of some granular synths out there, now that you have Pigments in the same price range, or a little above, but packing so much more.

Just for curiosity, I found this in the release notes:
Added a new west coast low pass gate
What does that mean? What's a "west coast low pass gate"?
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

Wow, great! I really like this synth.
I was complaining about wanting another sound engine.. This will do. :party:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Instruments”