Arturia Pigments 2 (Free Update): Now it's Granular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Pigments must be popular under the current sale! I recently decided to treat myself to a new synth (now that Avenger is dead to me after the recent update debacle), so I demoed and enjoyed Pigments, and the $70 USD crossgrade sale price is certainly more than fair. But even though I bought this morning direct from Arturia, I received an email that they're backed up, so can't send my license immediately -- but they'll have it out within "2 working days." Well, good for them I guess for being so successful! :lol:

biomechanoid wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:10 am
c_voltage wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:30 am
Any ideas?
(I have a feeling that it’s somehow not difficult to do here, but something I'm dumb a bit)
I haven't had a chance to check this, but I think you can achieve what you want by using a Random modulator set to S&H with Trigger set to Poly Keyboard, and choosing a Source that suits your purpose eg - White Noise or Random. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the hint. But what the noise as a source for redet is doing in this case?
Last edited by Igro on Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[quote=Caine123 post_id=7608049 time=1576429694 user_id=212807]
I thought you can have 6 layers? I see only 2? Elements. How can i add the other 4? Thx
[/quote]

You have 6 slots below the waveform-display, A to F.

Ok beginning to change my mind - I was just playing with a modified pad along with xenoverb and I really liked the resultsm. The fact I could dial in my expression pedal to my liking so easily was a huge plus - sounded fantastic

I've been demoing it and I just can't make up my mind. It's capable of making plenty of interesting sounds, but a lot of time I find myself wondering when I would actually use them. For me it doesn't feel like one of those synths you can fire up and quickly get something that works. Maybe it depends on the style of music you make. Will keep at it...

I'm starting to come across as a fanboi but a quick search will show I stated many times my distaste for Arturia and that I'd never own one of their products. Well... I'm eating my words because this synth is simply staggering and I'm sold.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Vortifex wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:00 pm I've been demoing it and I just can't make up my mind. It's capable of making plenty of interesting sounds, but a lot of time I find myself wondering when I would actually use them. For me it doesn't feel like one of those synths you can fire up and quickly get something that works. Maybe it depends on the style of music you make. Will keep at it...
I use it for loads of bread-and-butter sounds in progressive house/tech house because it's so easy to dial in subtle modulation of various kinds. Modulation of the default wavetable, for example, is great for controlling harmonics over time. This works really well for me with saturation or distortion at the start of the FX chain.

I got confused, as an owner of Pig1.

The website offers it to me for 49, but if I open my Arturia Software Centre app on my Mac,NOT the website,

it's FREE to update to pig2!

======================

Pig 1 and 2 reviewed by a Hollywood star.

https://youtu.be/H4IrfObVzJo

riddim83 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:17 pm
Vortifex wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:00 pm I've been demoing it and I just can't make up my mind. It's capable of making plenty of interesting sounds, but a lot of time I find myself wondering when I would actually use them. For me it doesn't feel like one of those synths you can fire up and quickly get something that works. Maybe it depends on the style of music you make. Will keep at it...
I use it for loads of bread-and-butter sounds in progressive house/tech house because it's so easy to dial in subtle modulation of various kinds. Modulation of the default wavetable, for example, is great for controlling harmonics over time. This works really well for me with saturation or distortion at the start of the FX chain.
Yeah this thing is a modulation beast, really fun to toy with that.

I think I'll just shut up and buy it, I know I'll regret it if I don't..

Just demoed it and I like it a lot. As a V7 owner, the 49€ price almost felt like a robbery.

Very nice workflow with lots of visual feedback. Tons of possibilities, inspiring UI, clever modulation system, nice sounding FX.

I tend to use different synths for different types of sounds. From my 4-5 hour playthrough with Pigments 2, this synth is pure heaven for pad sounds.

Most of the factory presets sound pretty strange and quite thin, at least to my ears. Overall, I struggle to find Arturia presets useful for my needs. However, as with any ”big synth”, if you know your sound design, this beast can become whatever you want it to.

Igro wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:38 pm
biomechanoid wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:10 am
c_voltage wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:30 am
Any ideas?
(I have a feeling that it’s somehow not difficult to do here, but something I'm dumb a bit)
I haven't had a chance to check this, but I think you can achieve what you want by using a Random modulator set to S&H with Trigger set to Poly Keyboard, and choosing a Source that suits your purpose eg - White Noise or Random. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the hint. But what the noise as a source for redet is doing in this case?
With Trigger set to PolyKB, the noise Source effectively generates a random value for each Note On.
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
https://soundcloud.com/biomechanoid

plexity wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:24 pm I got confused, as an owner of Pig1.

The website offers it to me for 49, but if I open my Arturia Software Centre app on my Mac,NOT the website,

======================

As others have stated a few times already (albeit on other pages), yes, it's completely free to existing Pigment owners. Just run the Arturia Software Center and it will update it for you. :)

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:06 pm I'm starting to come across as a fanboi but a quick search will show I stated many times my distaste for Arturia and that I'd never own one of their products. Well... I'm eating my words because this synth is simply staggering and I'm sold.
Arturia are a mixed bag for sure, I feel the same about NI, iZotope and IK for various reasons. Arturia have been hitting it pretty solid lately though, good stuff in their latest "emulations" less hype. I give U-He mass credit for not doing specific emulations, saves them the scrutiny and failed expectations.

Ohlson_M wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:24 pm
this synth is pure heaven for pad sounds.
You won't disagree if I add keys and bells sounds to that, would you? :)

planetearth wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:53 am
plexity wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:24 pm I got confused, as an owner of Pig1.

======================

As others have stated a few times already (albeit on other pages), yes, it's completely free to existing Pigment owners. Just run the Arturia Software Center and it will update it for you. :)

Steve
It's confusing because if you do qualify for the crossgrade discount (you own V-Collection or another qualifying product), you get an offer for the $49/$69 crossgrade via email and when you log in to your account, even if you already own Pigments 1 and therefore qualify for the free upgrade.

So if you own Pigments 1, don't click on that link and pay for the upgrade. Just run the Arturia SC and you'll get the update for free.

Return to “Instruments”