Korg releases Korg Triton VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

Re: MOSS.. The info (about the late engineer) was from the head of Korg USA back then. So it's true - unless he lied, in public, multiple times :) Some confusion also comes from the algos being developed at (US based) Korg R&D. They then handed them off to Japan to implement the OS and run on whatever DSP etc. That's why there's a seeming contradiction between them being able to update the algos whilst claiming the Z1/MOSS was a dead end.

In terms of an emulation - that would need to be based off the Z1 / MOSS code rather than the raw algos which, by themselves, probably wouldn't hold up that well today. Korg updated most of them, though apparently a few (like the Brass algo) weren't considered worth the trouble..

It was also said the Z1 / MOSS source code was poorly documented - making any updates / conversion "difficult" without the original coder to make sense of it all. We have no way to know how true that is, though I think many of us got the sense there's something more to the story..

There were potentially two other factors in play though.. 1) R&D considered the Z1 inferior "early efforts" that are superseded by their later work (thus a "why bother" attitude.. ). 2) Some of Korg maybe didn't want to touch the code out of respect for the memory of the late engineer. Though I couldn't think of a better way to show your respect than to have some of their code live on in virtual form.. :shrug:

Now released.

The new Korg Collection TRITON comes with the complete EXB-PCM soundboard series.

KORG Collection - TRITON.jpg

https://www.korg.com/us/products/softwa ... ollection/

What's next? Z1, please!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bundle only, you cant just buy Triton?

AcidMoon wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:28 am Now released.

The new Korg Collection TRITON comes with the complete EXB-PCM soundboard series.

KORG Collection - TRITON.jpg

https://www.korg.com/us/products/softwa ... ollection/

What's next? Z1, please!
Wow! I'm really happy.

AnX wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:46 am bundle only, you cant just buy Triton?
you can, the price is 249 $ (introductory price is 199 $). after login to my account i see that the upgrade price for korg collection owners to version 2 of the collection is 149 $

AnX wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:46 am bundle only, you cant just buy Triton?
KORG Collection - Special Bundle v2 $399 $299*
KORG Collection - Special Bundle v2 Upgrade $149
KORG Collection - TRITON $249 $199*

*a sale price for a limited time until January 16, 2020

You can buy the single Triton for special launch price $199.
https://korg.shop/korg-collection-trito ... re=english
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Dead heat… ;-)
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

ah ok, thanks

What a disappointment! This is for just a nostalgic reason! How that is better than nowadays synths and instruments?!

Pffff! I really was hoping for an upgrade for the GUI of the current synths. At least get rid of that scrolling in MS-20 :mad:

Appears to implement full combi functionality and has all the EXB's included. Will need to check for caveats later, but this is pretty great and a rather stark contrast to Roland's way of doing stuff with their XV-5080 and splitting everything off into different plugins etc.

They've got a new license manager too, which is a bit nicer than the old "just launch the browser" registration previously :)
Triton_screenshot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PAK wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:30 am Appears to implement full combi functionality and has all the EXB's included. Will need to check for caveats later, but this is pretty great and a rather stark contrast to Roland's way of doing stuff with their XV-5080 and splitting everything off into different plugins etc.
+1
Plus the fact that you can buy it once and own it for life instead of dealing with renting bullshit makes it 1000x better deal than roland's vstis catalog.
Last edited by Bippo on Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

4000 sounds....that will keep you busy!

I’m tempted for old time sake as I used to own a Triton and it was a really big purchase for me at the time.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Hi,
is there a link to pdf manual? I cannot find any...

Thanks,
Cochrane

Return to “Instruments”