Korg releases Korg Triton VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

Halonmusic wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:44 pm
Bippo wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:48 am Hope it's gonna be a windows vsti.
Watch it be Mac/iOS only
:-|

thejonsolo wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:56 pm
Spin Boyz wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:03 pm I doubt its a vsti. It looks like the keyboard workstation wars are back on with Roland releasing the Fantom.
?? Fantom is not new. Kronos (and its offshoots) have held their own for years standing next to Fantom and Motif. Not much needed in workstations these days. It is already there.
Ok the Fantom has been dead for many years. Maybe re-released is a better word [Fantoms S (2003), X (2004), Xa (2005), G (2009), and FA06/08 (2014)]. It follows the same mindset as Korg re-releasing the Triton.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:21 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:40 pm I'm not gonna hold my breath for a Windows version when they still haven't increased the size of the legacy collection yet after they promised they would.
Well they did say "we plan to", rather than "we promise". But also, they mentioned AAX support, and that did happen about 2 months after the initial announcement (Dec 22nd 2017 was the "we plan to" announcement, Feb 1st 2018 was the AAX update).

Now, redoing GUIs from scratch can be an extremely time-intensive thing, especially if they just used VSTGUI... So yeah I can totally see how that could take some years, especially when one team (very likely) covers all their software across desktop and iOS and Reason...
Why they dont use Wavestation GUI from iPad? I agree with Wagtunes here, Korg is kinda dead.NTS-1 is their only product I am interested in and I spent a lot of money with Korg in the past.

You can’t just take a GUI from another platform and expect it to work - there’s a hell of a lot needs to happen under the hood when you update an interface.

I don’t think Korg is dead, but it would be great if they could be a little more communicative on some of their plans.

Forgotten wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:15 pm You can’t just take a GUI from another platform and expect it to work - there’s a hell of a lot needs to happen under the hood when you update an interface.

I don’t think Korg is dead, but it would be great if they could be a little more communicative on some of their plans.
The irony is that I actually messaged Korg Support about my interest in the Triton being added to the Korg Legacy Collection about a year and a half ago. They naturally didn't confirm anything, but they did thank me for the message and say it would be sent to the development team for consideration. Whether it was planned beforehand or not, I'm glad they seemed to have considered it haha

I think that’s their standard response to questions about the Legacy Collection - I’ve seen other people post that as their response from support

Super stoked on the news! I love the Triton and also the Trinity and more than everything - MOSS - do you think we'll finally see MOSS emulation? or probably not because MOSS is still implemented in the Kronos?

I doubt we'll see MOSS.

Also MOSS is not implemented in Kronos.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:01 pm I doubt we'll see MOSS.

Also MOSS is not implemented in Kronos.
Call it however you like. But as a Kronos owner, and a Z1, the AL-1, the strings emulations, those all sound very similar to MOSS and I bet the architecture haven't changed much. No one knows for sure.
MOSS is an umbrella for various synthesis methods, and most (not all) are in the Kronos just the same, a bit different.

Yeah MOSS is just a buzzword, but DSP used on Prophecy/Z1 is quite different from the one in Kronos, and it sounds different too. It's not the same thing at all. Even a casual read through the manual will confirm you that the architecture isn't the same, so it's not a "no one knows" situation.

Also, I have first-hand experience with Prophecy and Kronos. :P

Sure.
I'm not about to start an online argument, but I can program very similar patches on the Kronos. some things are missing on the Kronos, and some are enhanced by it.
Here's a post about it in the Korg forums.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ ... p?p=400056
but it doesn't matter, its really off topic.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:30 pm Yeah MOSS is just a buzzword, but DSP used on Prophecy/Z1 is quite different from the one in Kronos, and it sounds different too. It's not the same thing at all. Even a casual read through the manual will confirm you that the architecture isn't the same, so it's not a "no one knows" situation.

Also, I have first-hand experience with Prophecy and Kronos. :P
Did I read somewhere that the developer of the Z1 code died and the code was impossible for anyone else to understand...?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Yeah I've read that somewhere too, but apparently it was a red herring. The guy still works for Korg. They just aren't looking back to MOSS days anymore.

That said, it's likely not impossible to decipher any codebase, really. Just a matter of effort vs returns.

I think the Korg Oaysis PCI card was closest to a Z1.

Z1 is the synth they should be putting into VSTI format.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

That's correct. The Oasys PCI doesn't work on new systems, but the software is already out there. Would be a neat idea!

The Korg OASYS PCI is a DSP-based PCI-card for PC and Mac released in 1999. It offers many synthesizer engines from sampling and substractive to FM and physical modelling. Because of its high market price and low polyphony production was stopped in 2001. About 2000 cards were produced.

Because of fast market fail, no drivers were released for (then) modern operation systems including Windows XP and Mac OS X. Most of users had to have dedicated computer for Korg Oasys PCI.

Some of the models were taken from Korg Z1 hardware synthesizer.

(from Wikipedia)

Return to “Instruments”