Korg releases Korg Triton VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

I would be interested if it was the Trident
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

BONES wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:50 am Apparently it's OK to want to sound like 1970, not so 1998. Go figure?
I'm sick to death of Jupiter and Juno emulations. At this point, especially with the 90s revival that we're going through, I want to see vintage digital and 1st gen VA vsts. Give me Clavia Nord Leads and JD800's, not another Minimoog.

ATN69 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:04 amI would be interested if it was the Trident
That thing was pretty limited, even in its day. Hardly worth the time and effort, I'd have thought. I used to see them in shops all the time but I can't say I ever saw one in use, either in a studio or on stage.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:54 am
ATN69 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:04 amI would be interested if it was the Trident
That thing was pretty limited, even in its day. Hardly worth the time and effort, I'd have thought. I used to see them in shops all the time but I can't say I ever saw one in use, either in a studio or on stage.
My oldest brother owned a Trident back in the 80's. I think it was the MkII. It sounds great in my ears and the fact that its a bit rare and not much talked about makes it even more interesting to me.

There are tons of Mini Moog, Arp, Prophet, various Roland models, and other clones out there. Then there are some more rare stuff and less talked about synths that also deserve to be brought back. I agree that there also are a bunch of more modern synths that deserve to be recreated.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Well, the thing is, I don't rate any of 'em. In fact, I don't see the point of any of 'em and none of 'em "deserve" to be brought back at all. Been there, done that, moved on a long time ago. You should, too.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

If they do recreate the Triton in software, I hope they go the route they did with the M1 and Wavestation, including the various add-on waveforms and presets from the various versions of the instruments, and plugin boards. Having the MOSS board in the software version would be really great, too. But please, Windows and Mac versions, not just iOS.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

DocAtlas wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:49 am If they do recreate the Triton in software, I hope they go the route they did with the M1 and Wavestation, including the various add-on waveforms and presets from the various versions of the instruments, and plugin boards. Having the MOSS board in the software version would be really great, too. But please, Windows and Mac versions, not just iOS.
Yeaaaaah, I'd rather they not go the route of Roland Cloud where literally every SRX card is an individual plugin instead of one single JV1080 plugin with all the cards loaded up for mix-and-matching.

Trinity maybe more than Triton would be my preference. Triton (which I still own) feels more Rompler while Trinity felt more synthy. (That is just my opinion, please untie your panties.)

But I still desire some older emulations. Someone mentioned Trident...I would be all in for that. Korg sound is underestimated in my opinion and I too am tired of Roland emus.

A Triton and/or Trinity VST would be amazing
I dont know, man...I just got here meself!

But please as a real, independent VST3i, not only in that Korg mobile sequencer.

I hope they will release a z1 or a triton physical modeling expansion board!
Best
YY

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:21 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:40 pm I'm not gonna hold my breath for a Windows version when they still haven't increased the size of the legacy collection yet after they promised they would.
Well they did say "we plan to", rather than "we promise". But also, they mentioned AAX support, and that did happen about 2 months after the initial announcement (Dec 22nd 2017 was the "we plan to" announcement, Feb 1st 2018 was the AAX update).

Now, redoing GUIs from scratch can be an extremely time-intensive thing, especially if they just used VSTGUI... So yeah I can totally see how that could take some years, especially when one team (very likely) covers all their software across desktop and iOS and Reason...
I totally understand that it’s far from a trivial change to update a UI, but I wish Korg would give ANY kind of update on the Legacy Collection plans. On their forum people are asked to check with support, and support has a canned, noncommittal answer prepared.

I still have an Korg Triton Rack , not legendary , but very good sound on it . Very eager to see this new vst synth .... :clap:

Whywhy wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:45 pm I hope they will release a z1 or a triton physical modeling expansion board!
Quite unlikely, since they never reused Z1 code since then. Not even in OASYS/Kronos. Whereas the rest of Triton engine (the rompler part) just got built more and more upon.

Return to “Instruments”