Korg releases Korg Triton VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5pNOnght4B/

This was a unexpected and really appreciated surprise! korg_app teases at what looks like a Triton emulation coming soon. This was a long-awaited request of mind and I didn't think they'd actually do it. It might be for iOS only, but hopefully it'll make the jump to a Window plugin :hyper:
Last edited by Shiek927 on Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I like!
Kurzweil PC4; Korg Kronos 61 (2); Casio PX-350M

I'm not gonna hold my breath for a Windows version when they still haven't increased the size of the legacy collection yet after they promised they would.

I have absolutely no love for Korg these days.

didn't realise the triton was classed as legendary... maybe just by korg...

Weird. We can all sound like it’s 1998 again.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

My first keyboard was an SY 22, my second was a Triton. Fond memories.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

wagtunes wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:40 pm I'm not gonna hold my breath for a Windows version when they still haven't increased the size of the legacy collection yet after they promised they would.
Well they did say "we plan to", rather than "we promise". But also, they mentioned AAX support, and that did happen about 2 months after the initial announcement (Dec 22nd 2017 was the "we plan to" announcement, Feb 1st 2018 was the AAX update).

Now, redoing GUIs from scratch can be an extremely time-intensive thing, especially if they just used VSTGUI... So yeah I can totally see how that could take some years, especially when one team (very likely) covers all their software across desktop and iOS and Reason...

This would be mindblowing

I love all my Korg plugins, have used them steadily since I first picked up the legacy collection in 2009, and would absolutely be into this.... (I always wanted a Triton back in the day but never had one).

How do you get Triton from that little video? It could equally be Trinity, which I think is more likely to have "legendary" status than Triton.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:26 pm How do you get Triton from that little video? It could equally be Trinity, which I think is more likely to have "legendary" status than Triton.

It's most definitely the Triton. The biggest giveaway is that the Trinity has more of a trapezoidal shape than the Triton which is more rectangular. The Triton also has those grooves on the left and right ends of the keyboard which you can see in the teaser image which isn't on the Trinity, again because of it's slightly different design.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:40 pm I'm not gonna hold my breath for a Windows version when they still haven't increased the size of the legacy collection yet after they promised they would.

I have absolutely no love for Korg these days.
yeah, it appears korg is catering more to the apple OS even though windows is still 4 times more popular. go figure.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Ah_Dziz wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:10 pm Weird. We can all sound like it’s 1998 again.
Plenty of Mini Moog emulations so you can sound like it's 1970 again. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Apparently it's OK to want to sound like 1970, not so 1998. Go figure?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Great news Korg! Hope it's a vst though
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “Instruments”