GForce Sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

c_voltage wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:27 pm I have Imposcar2 and Oddity2 (grabbed it from hands for good price without preliminary testing), so, what i can say after digging into both. It's historical quality plugins without doubts, but sound possibilities (and sound itself) of Imposcar i found a bit overrated, for today at least. The only thing, perhaps, good arpeggiator, and huge amount of presets, and i very like UI (like in all gforce plugs). But, nor the unison nor the mini-additive section as a bonus did not impressed, unfortunately. I'm still hope that i miss something though.
If you listen to clips of the oscar though, this does sound quite similar. Except of course polyphony and lots more features. So it might be that you don't really like the character of the original oscar, which is quite different from most vintage synths. It can go into territory that I don't like definitely though overall I really like it.

cowby wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:12 am And for Oddity 2, the demo version is
v1.00 (2014.12.01)
- Initial release based on the readme.txt file. Does it mean it never gets any update in the paid version since then ?
There was a build update on 15.12.2014 (build 1.0.75870 on PC), but it is still officially version 1. However I never had any issues with it. I'm not sure what they would add in an update, except a better preset navigator.
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

c_voltage wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:27 pm I have Imposcar2 and Oddity2 (grabbed it from hands for good price without preliminary testing), so, what i can say after digging into both. It's historical quality plugins without doubts, but sound possibilities (and sound itself) of Imposcar i found a bit overrated, for today at least. The only thing, perhaps, good arpeggiator, and huge amount of presets, and i very like UI (like in all gforce plugs). But, nor the unison nor the mini-additive section as a bonus did not impressed, unfortunately. I'm still hope that i miss something though.
Well the filter is great and fairly unique I think - the separation control does some great vocalesque sounds.

But I have a real OSCar so maybe I just like that sound, and being able to use it polyphonically is a treat. I like the simplicity, not every synth has to have a billion controls (although Oddity2 effectively does as you can add modulation to just about any control).

Also use external effects like you would on a hardware unit.

Thanks for posting this notice. I didn’t get any emails from Gforce, and this is one case where I kinda wish I had (I normally hate marketing mail, but this is about saving money). I haven’t used impOSCar since moving to Logic X (it was never made 64-bit), and I’d like to have it back. Oddity1 was made 64-bit at least. Is it worth upgrading to Oddity2?

I assume that, since they updated M-Tron Pro with larger GUI, and since impOSCar already has a larger GUI, that they’re also working on larger GUI for Oddity2...? Please??
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:22 pm Thanks for posting this notice. I didn’t get any emails from Gforce, and this is one case where I kinda wish I had (I normally hate marketing mail, but this is about saving money). I haven’t used impOSCar since moving to Logic X (it was never made 64-bit), and I’d like to have it back. Oddity1 was made 64-bit at least. Is it worth upgrading to Oddity2?
Yes. Extra oscillator, all that extra modulation. Polyphony. Huge difference from V1. Excellent pad synth.
I assume that, since they updated M-Tron Pro with larger GUI, and since impOSCar already has a larger GUI, that they’re also working on larger GUI for Oddity2...? Please??
I asked support, they basically said maybe some day.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:41 pm
If you listen to clips of the oscar though, this does sound quite similar. Except of course polyphony and lots more features. So it might be that you don't really like the character of the original oscar, which is quite different from most vintage synths. It can go into territory that I don't like definitely though overall I really like it.
Perhaps yes. Well, just, once long ago (in my easyware times heh), i remember Imposcar been causes some impressions exactly by his unison, and obviously then there were not a much options for replacements. Perhaps, this feature was one of important detail that formed his popularity. But now, i would risk calling it too "softwarish" or something (maybe this explains low cpu usage, logical to assume). I could meet similar unison in old plugs, and in some of nowadays (will not call, to be polite).
But I don’t want to completely destroy his role. I would say that now it’s just a strong middle unit with magic face (this is actually one of the most beautiful UIs I've seen in plugins), but without any applicant to uniqueness or interest in the field of sound design imo.

UPD And to viceversa side - can say, that among old plugs can found rare things with impressive unison character and very well suited for any sound design needs, Surge for example. Although of course, these are so different aesthetically concepts that it’s even inconvenient to compare. But, nonetheless.

The company is probably on its way out, like Tone2 and Linplug.
Why else would they give their stuff away at that price.

e-crooner wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:56 pm The company is probably on its way out, like Tone2 and Linplug.
Why else would they give their stuff away at that price.
Well, would not desirable, again, their Oddity2 it's still some gem i think. Would be sad.

Is Oddity 2's display resizable?

Examigan wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:22 pm Is Oddity 2's display resizable?
No. The dev told me they're not working on it for 'technical reasons' but it's something they hope to do one day. So it's gonna be a long wait.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:25 pm
No. The dev told me they're not working on it for 'technical reasons' but it's something they hope to do one day. So it's gonna be a long wait.
NOT working on it? One day...?

[sigh] :?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Strange...as imOSCar 2 has different sizes to choose from. Oddity 2 was released after impOSCar 2. I would think they'd follow in those same footsteps.

At these prices it’s worth it just for the presets! Some of my favorite sounds from albums I love. For example Oddity has lots of nine inch nails sounds and imp2 has some ground underworld sounds.

It's just a nice way of saying no, won't happen. Like with Korg.

e-crooner wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:56 pm The company is probably on its way out, like Tone2
About Tone2, a big sadly that they do not want to make Firebird to 64bit, this product always seemed to me unusual and interesting, both in sound and implementation. At times, behind the huge wall of the existing stuff, i recall this cub, and it hurts me incl. pain of greed for what a wonderful part this world has lost, because of some marketing or don't know the reasons. But excuse me for offtop

Return to “Instruments”