Is Soundcloud still the best option for posting One-Synth-Challenge tracks?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[Delete]
Last edited by ijiwaru on Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

progtronic wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:26 pm Too late.. deleted all my tracks there. Won't be returning. :smack:
Yeah same. Feels like they have no idea how to actually make the site profitable and create features people want to pay for. I mean it has barely changed in the year since they ran out of money last time? I would be seriously surprised if they make it through next year.

RichardSemper wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:37 am In light of the change to Upload limits on Soundcloud:

"On December 9, 2019, SoundCloud's introductory upload limit for free users will change. As a free user on a Basic plan you can upload a total of 3 hours of audio or 15 tracks, whichever comes first. "

they are not doing that anymore, listened to users and changed their minds

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:26 pm Disappointing frankly. When are those idiots going to learn a business needs to make money to survive.
I guess they noticed significant drop in users and tracks. Without users and tracks there is no even potential for business. They probably saw scary peaks in their stats :D

But of course they haven't figured out how to solve their business side yet. Personally I wouldn't mind few ad placements here and there or sponsored segments, contests etc. That would be at least something :roll:
YT | SC | FB | IG | earror :ud: KO :ud:

They still wait for a billion offer from google, but it does not seem to happen...

progtronic wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:26 pm
ilmai wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:21 pm Well looks like SoundCloud stepped back and isn't implementing the changes mentioned above. We'll see how the situation develops.
https://blog.soundcloud.com/2019/12/05/ ... on-monday/
Too late.. deleted all my tracks there. Won't be returning. :smack:
:hihi:

I also started to delete some music (sound demos, precisely). Good thing I didn't actually try to upload something in the meantime, as probably would have deleted half of all stuff.

All in all, Soundcloud account doesn't seem to be a way to promote stuff anymore, it's just here to dump audio files and share them with selected few. Already have different plans to drive my career :roll:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

ilmai wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:21 pm Well looks like SoundCloud stepped back and isn't implementing the changes mentioned above. We'll see how the situation develops.

https://blog.soundcloud.com/2019/12/05/ ... on-monday/
That's good news actually. Glad they decided so. Will they also listen to people who want a "hide reposts" feature for their stream? :hyper: (People been asking for this for years now)

progtronic wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:26 pm Too late.. deleted all my tracks there. Won't be returning. :smack:
Noooooo :cry: Where can I listen to Splinter Frame now???

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:55 pm
chaosWyrM wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:56 pm for what its worth...i can not get audiomack to upload my tracks. its odd. im trying to do a full album upload, and everything seems to work just fine. i see the uploads progress, i get confirmation that it completed successfully, its all there...even the artwork, i can even open the player.....BUT...no uploads ever actually show up under my account. spent a decent chunk of time trying....every time, it all looked like it went through....but still i have no uploaded tracks.

very disappointing to say the least.
I think private tracks are listed in the overview/dashboard instead, not in the normal track list. Also upload with Safari does not seem to work.
i got it to work. the uploading ui is a tad wonky. there was a finalization step i was supposed to do, but it didnt ask me to do it...so my tracks were kind of in limbo waiting on an action from me that i didnt know i had to make.

all in all audiomack seems ok. they seriously need to expand the available genre list for tagging and searching though, its a glaring oversight. i mean... "electronic" is a bit broad i would say. theres like 70 years worth and who knows how many different music styles that are "electronic", how on earth are you going to leave it there at just "electronic" for all of that?
ImageImageImage

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:26 pm Disappointing frankly. When are those idiots going to learn a business needs to make money to survive.
lol. im pretty sure they are acutely aware of that fact. their issue has always been their insistence on trying to monetize content creators instead of content consumers. no one at all is going to pay you for your service...if theres nothing on it. soundcloud over the past 5 years (at least) has been making it more expensive and less useful to use their service for its intended purpose. they have been systematically squeezing artists, the same artists whos presence on the site they require to function, and making their service too expensive and too restrictive in functionality for anyone to bother paying them for it.

they have for years been ignoring their users needs and shooting themselves in the foot. now they see the error of their ways as they slowly bleed out from multiple gunshot wounds to the lower extremities? all this could have been avoided had they just listened in the first place years ago. its too little too late now...the bloom is off the rose, no one cares about soundcloud anymore.
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:53 pm...they have for years been ignoring their users needs and shooting themselves in the foot. now they see the error of their ways as they slowly bleed out from multiple gunshot wounds to the lower extremities?...
:lol: :tu:

So, what is the conclusion for OSC now? Stay soundcloud?

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:03 pm So, what is the conclusion for OSC now? Stay soundcloud?
I guess :shrug: Now that it's back to square one, why fix it. Maybe we'll resurrect this thread the next time SC does something like this again. :hihi:

exponent1 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:23 pm
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:03 pm So, what is the conclusion for OSC now? Stay soundcloud?
I guess :shrug: Now that it's back to square one, why fix it. Maybe we'll resurrect this thread the next time SC does something like this again. :hihi:
Not necessarily I think. Soundcloud may have backtracked, but the issue was raised, and threw up some interesting points; researching possible alternatives has been interesting. For instance, hearthis.at works smoothly and has the groups feature which could be so useful. I would recommend some more folks give it a try.

The pressure is off for now certainly, but we are still looking at the possibilities, after all who knows what may change in the future?

Carl_saved wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:12 am
Noooooo :cry: Where can I listen to Splinter Frame now???
https://metapop.com/progtronic 8)

RichardSemper wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:27 pm Soundcloud may have backtracked, but the issue was raised, and threw up some interesting points; researching possible alternatives has been interesting.
Yeah, exploring other alternatives seems important rather than adventurous habit right now :?
YT | SC | FB | IG | earror :ud: KO :ud:

Return to “Instruments”