Is Soundcloud still the best option for posting One-Synth-Challenge tracks?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

exponent1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:56 pm The point of deletion was raised for the following scenario - You have exceeded the free limit on your account and you still want to use the same account to submit a track to OSC. In that case you'd either need to delete the old uploads or get a PRO subscription.
Right. So the point of my question was, if the historical entry lists for old OSCs are left as SoundCloud playlists pointing to the original uploads, that's more of a problem than if the originals are copied into an independent archive of some kind. If they are archived independently, it doesn't matter nearly so much whether participants delete their old entries to make room for new ones. I thought that requiring the entries to be made downloadable was so that they could be archived. I would hope that would happen just to prevent the tracks from being subject to the later whims of the participants.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

for what its worth...i can not get audiomack to upload my tracks. its odd. im trying to do a full album upload, and everything seems to work just fine. i see the uploads progress, i get confirmation that it completed successfully, its all there...even the artwork, i can even open the player.....BUT...no uploads ever actually show up under my account. spent a decent chunk of time trying....every time, it all looked like it went through....but still i have no uploaded tracks.

very disappointing to say the least.
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:56 pm for what its worth...i can not get audiomack to upload my tracks. its odd. im trying to do a full album upload, and everything seems to work just fine. i see the uploads progress, i get confirmation that it completed successfully, its all there...even the artwork, i can even open the player.....BUT...no uploads ever actually show up under my account. spent a decent chunk of time trying....every time, it all looked like it went through....but still i have no uploaded tracks.

I came here to ask people if they know what the copyright parameters are with using Audiomack, to see if it would be worth moving my content there from SoundCloud (I’m not happy with pretty much any change they’ve made since I started with them years ago)... But then I saw this. I cannot bear to waste more of my time on broken tools.

Let us know if you figure out what’s going wrong. I assume it’s on Audiomack’s side (how could it not be?), but maybe you’ll find out more details.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

chaosWyrM wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:56 pm for what its worth...i can not get audiomack to upload my tracks. its odd. im trying to do a full album upload, and everything seems to work just fine. i see the uploads progress, i get confirmation that it completed successfully, its all there...even the artwork, i can even open the player.....BUT...no uploads ever actually show up under my account. spent a decent chunk of time trying....every time, it all looked like it went through....but still i have no uploaded tracks.

Did you verify your email using the link they sent you? You need to verify your email to be able to have your tracks show up I guess.
I tried it out yesterday, didn't face any issues with either singles or albums or artworks. Everything worked without any failures. Not disappointed at all. I think even Richard got it working without issues. The website seems to be ok, but I'm not sure about the licensing for the songs and it only allows mp3 uploads on the free accounts.

Having said that, I think heartthis.at works best amongst the options (ticks most of the boxes - comments, reactions, groups, downloads, shows up as a player on KVR, can add license, 500 MB/week upload limit etc.), however it doesn't allow WAV uploads on the free accounts. I think

I have uploaded only one track to audiomack so I don't have that much of experience, but it worked fine for me so far. Didn't remember whether there was options for types of copyright, so I just did another test upload...

Looks like there are no options regarding to types of copyright. Also no option for making it downloadable, but probably a workaround would be to use that custom/buy link option and another file storage space. :clown:

The reason for upload not showing-up immediately could be... IDK, but there was a disclaimer about that. Mine appeared straight away.
scrsht1.jpg
I uploaded wav file, so no problem with that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YT | SC | FB | IG | earror :ud: KO :ud:

exponent1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:18 pm

Did you verify your email using the link they sent you? You need to verify your email to be able to have your tracks show up I guess.
I tried it out yesterday, didn't face any issues with either singles or albums or artworks. Everything worked without any failures. Not disappointed at all. I think even Richard got it working without issues. The website seems to be ok, but I'm not sure about the licensing for the songs and it only allows mp3 uploads on the free accounts.

Having said that, I think heartthis.at works best amongst the options (ticks most of the boxes - comments, reactions, groups, downloads, shows up as a player on KVR, can add license, 500 MB/week upload limit etc.), however it doesn't allow WAV uploads on the free accounts. I think

i did verify the email yes....but i didnt see where it only allows for mp3 uploads on free accounts...which could very well be my problem. i tried to upload wavs....but it never said i couldnt and it acted like it was fine. some sort of notification would be helpful.

::edit::

but not only do i not see an option for a paid account...they kinda make a thing about not having paid accounts:
No premium accounts ever
ImageImageImage

ok...so it gets weirder.

just now as i was trying to see what was going on over there at audiomack...i got a notification that i have a new play and a new follower....except how since it says i have zero uploads?

i can then follow that notification to where it does in fact show the album i uploaded...but it wont play it. so its there...but its not there. i can see it, the player opens...it has the wavform in it...but it wont play AND the website keeps saying i have zero uploads...even while im on the page with my album on it...that wont play.

i guess i should contact support....but i mean, ive had an account for less than 24 hours and literally the sole purpose of the site has failed right out of the gate. not sure i care to bother.
ImageImageImage

i did verify the email yes....but i didnt see where it only allows for mp3 uploads on free accounts...which could very well be my problem. i tried to upload wavs....but it never said i couldnt and it acted like it was fine. some sort of notification would be helpful.

but not only do i not see an option for a paid account...they kinda make a thing about not having paid accounts:
My bad, I was reading an old article on Audiomack and didn't see the policy update. Anyway, hearthis.at looks like an easy to use alternative. Let's hear the opinions and suggestions.

exponent1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:21 pm

My bad, I was reading an old article on Audiomack and didn't see the policy update. Anyway, hearthis.at looks like an easy to use alternative. Let's hear the opinions and suggestions.
no worries.

as it stands i did get it to work. apparently there was a finalization screen i was supposed to do something on, but it never showed me that screen, so my upload was "incomplete".

its up now. i very much dislike the lack of genre tags or any way to add any. how are people supposed to actually find anything on there?
ImageImageImage

In my experience, Hearthis was the only Soundcloud alternative with the same and more features (groups). I've been using it more as a "backup" for Soundcloud for several years now.
I've never heard of "Audiomack", but the main problem with the alternatives is the very low number of users. But that's not important for posting One Synth Challenge tracks. That's why Hearthis could be an option here.

Btw. its not set in stone that alternative platforms like Hearthis has fewer listeners as Soundcloud. I have some tracks on Hearthis with more plays compared to Soundcloud and which earned also #1 in their weekly "charts". I would not say its a ghost city :D
Last edited by 4damind on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4damind wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:06 pm In my experience, Hearthis was the only Soundcloud alternative with the same and more features (groups). I've been using it more as a "backup" for Soundcloud for several years now.
I've never heard of "Audiomack", but the main problem with the alternatives is the very low number of users. But that's not important for posting One Synth Challenge tracks. That's why Hearthis could be an option here.
i agree. hearthis.at really does seem like the "best" alternative. it ticks all the boxes and has all the bells and whistles. unfortunately...what it doesnt have is users.

checking the stats on the playstore shows the hearthis app has 100,000+ dls with just under 700 ratings (4 stars). compare that to audiomack.... 10mil.+ dls and almost 507k reviews (4.75 stars). its not even close. audiomack is crushing hearthis.

i dont know why....i like hearthis.at ive never had any issues with it...well except the fact that no one uses it.
ImageImageImage

Well looks like SoundCloud stepped back and isn't implementing the changes mentioned above. We'll see how the situation develops.

https://blog.soundcloud.com/2019/12/05/ ... on-monday/

ilmai wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:21 pm Well looks like SoundCloud stepped back and isn't implementing the changes mentioned above. We'll see how the situation develops.

Disappointing frankly. When are those idiots going to learn a business needs to make money to survive.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

ilmai wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:21 pm Well looks like SoundCloud stepped back and isn't implementing the changes mentioned above. We'll see how the situation develops.

Too late.. deleted all my tracks there. Won't be returning. :smack:

I think private tracks are listed in the overview/dashboard instead, not in the normal track list. Also upload with Safari does not seem to work.

Return to “Instruments”