Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

I'm getting a lot of crashes from Unify.
Am I the only one ? Cubase (Win8.1 64) crashes everytime I load KEY - Spittin Piano (tried MULTIPLE!!!!!!! times, after rebuilding database and such things) and LEAD - Fat Blat Brass for example.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:32 pm I'm getting a lot of crashes from Unify.
Am I the only one ? Cubase (Win8.1 64) crashes everytime I load KEY - Spittin Piano (tried MULTIPLE!!!!!!! times, after rebuilding database and such things) and LEAD - Fat Blat Brass for example.
I'm sorry to hear you're having these issues.

I just tested with Cubase 10.5 here, and both those patches load and play. I'll need more details to try to reproduce the problem. Which Cubase version do you use? Are you using Unify VST or VST3? Does this happen with Unify alone on one track, or only when you have other tracks active?

BTW once you've rebuilt the patch database once, doing so again won't change anything.

I've already heard from the support btw : they said both of these patches use the same synth. All I want is to help fixing the problem, but thanks. ^^
I'm using Cubase 10.5 (again, Win 8.1 64), I've used the VST3 version, and I had only one track.

DJErmac wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:10 am I've already heard from the support btw : they said both of these patches use the same synth. All I want is to help fixing the problem, but thanks. ^^
I'm using Cubase 10.5 (again, Win 8.1 64), I've used the VST3 version, and I had only one track.
@getdunne is the developer. He is trying to help.

tony10000 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:48 am
DJErmac wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:10 am I've already heard from the support btw : they said both of these patches use the same synth. All I want is to help fixing the problem, but thanks. ^^
Well... yes, I know, actually that was a way of saying "don't be sorry, not here to complain". ^^

DJErmac wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:25 pm
Well... yes, I know, actually that was a way of saying "don't be sorry, not here to complain". ^^
Both patches use PG8X. Maybe that is the source of the issue.

tony10000 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:45 pm
That's exactly what the support said. :tu:
Btw so far I'm really, really enjoying the synth. The presets are lovely and not too CPU intensive, they really show a lot of possibilities, are usable and inspiring.. I think i'm going to use this synth.

DJErmac wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:52 pm
tony10000 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:45 pm
That's exactly what the support said. :tu:
Btw so far I'm really, really enjoying the synth. The presets are lovely and not too CPU intensive, they really show a lot of possibilities, are usable and inspiring.. I think i'm going to use this synth.
It is truly an amazing product at an unbelievable price.

Purchased and watching the thread. Question, if you want to cancel the AU or VST scan entirely, mid scan, If you quit the standalone, and then re-start, will that do it? In not, it might be a good idea to have a kill switch for the scan, even though there is a clear benefit from having it restart each time it crashes for whatever reason.

Also I am not clear as to what happens if you add say one new VST or an update to a VST. Do you need to re-scan the entire VST folder again, or did I read somewhere that you can drag the new AU or VST plugin file on to the interface to get that plug registered? What would be best is when re-scanning, it just scans the new plugs, like Logic does for instance, and avoid the whole crash and restart scan thing that can take a long time with hundreds of plugs.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

grdh20 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:21 pm Purchased and watching the thread. Question, if you want to cancel the AU or VST scan entirely, mid scan, If you quit the standalone, and then re-start, will that do it? In not, it might be a good idea to have a kill switch for the scan, even though there is a clear benefit from having it restart each time it crashes for whatever reason.

Also I am not clear as to what happens if you add say one new VST or an update to a VST. Do you need to re-scan the entire VST folder again, or did I read somewhere that you can drag the new AU or VST plugin file on to the interface to get that plug registered? What would be best is when re-scanning, it just scans the new plugs, like Logic does for instance, and avoid the whole crash and restart scan thing that can take a long time with hundreds of plugs.
Very good questions.

There are two buttons to cancel scanning. The one inside the scanner window interrupts the scan cleanly; use that if you just want to stop and try again another time. The button at the bottom of the main Unify window (with red text) forcibly stops the scan; that's your "kill switch"... you'd normally only use it if the scanner gets hung up and the button inside the scanner window doesn't work.

Updating a plug-in normally does not require re-scanning, because neither the file name, nor the plug-in name, nor the number of inputs/outputs changes. (These are the details the scan looks for.) When you add just one or a few new plug-ins, you can certainly drag/drop their icons into the Unify Known Plug-Ins view, but it may be easier to just re-scan. The scanner will zip past already-known plug-ins very quickly--it doesn't need to try opening them--so it should only take a few seconds. It essentially "just scans new plugs, like Logic does", as you say.

We have a new update on the way very soon, which should fix the problem some users have had, where the scanner crashes on plug-in X, starts again, crashes again on X, and so on.

Good info. Thanks.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

Please post when the latency compensation issue is fixed.

Shane - as you state, normally once a plugin is scanned, the subsequent scans go fast. With one exception -- the WavesShell with AU scanning. It's an understatement to say I don't like Wave's approach with the Shell for their plugins. But given their approach, is there anyway once the WavesShell is re-scanned, you can mark it at such and not rescan it again (until it changes again, for example, by checking the WavesShell file's date modified)? It goes very slow at certain points and really bogs the whole AU scanning process down significantly. As an example, I can re-scan all plugins in my various 9 hosts, in the time it takes to rescan just the Unity AU plugins (due to WavesShell). I know you didn't create this issue, as it's an artifact of Waves AU plugin Shell approach. But that said, perhaps there's a way the to stop Unity from re-scanning WavesShell AU, once it's been done?

Is it possible to print the output of a midi layer into ones daw? I'd like to capture the output of the ripchord/blue arp combination and edit the notes later in my piano roll.

Return to “Instruments”