One Synth Challenge #130: Phase Plant by Kilohearts (exponent1 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Taron wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:12 pm That's awesome, thanks everyone, except for the one, who made this complicated again!
(Thanks, Stu :smack:) :lol: :hug:
Oh man, seriously...again...:bang: ...can we at least share a license of this synth, too?
Congrats to all for a fabulous round. :clap: :clap: :clap:

And thanks BJ and Richard for your excellent work! :hug:
What did I do!? :o

Congratulations to the winners. So much awesome music here! I really enjoyed being part of the conversation and hearing the results, and so did the rest of the team in KHsHQ.

If you got into Phase Plant and the Kilohearts plugins then you'll find all the options to buy their stuff or subscribe on the site (I won't push it too hard, you know how it works!). There's also an offer on at Plugin Boutique at the moment to get the Synth and just the free effects for $99, and this still gets you on the upgrade path.

This was really fun! Thanks everyone for taking part and to the organisers for making it happen and managing it all so well.

I'll catch up with them to sort out the prizes shortly.

:love: :love: :love: :love:

Oh yeah... last thing... big free update to all the KHs plugins coming very soon. 8)

Congrats to all...
For me Phase Plant could not hold up against the Grid (my preference) or Lion, Reaktor, VCV, even MsoundFactory (though less inspiring...)...
I think its way overpriced as well. I have to reshape my piece now, which is fine as it can be simplified as well, though I am quite happy with its current outcome...

StuSmith wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:19 am
Taron wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:12 pm That's awesome, thanks everyone, except for the one, who made this complicated again!
(Thanks, Stu :smack:) :lol: :hug:
Oh man, seriously...again...:bang: ...can we at least share a license of this synth, too?
Congrats to all for a fabulous round. :clap: :clap: :clap:

And thanks BJ and Richard for your excellent work! :hug:
What did I do!? :o
I'd let you explore that yourself! ;)
...but I've received the message.:shrug:

Taron wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:06 am I'd let you explore that yourself! ;)
...but I've received the message.:shrug:
Nope. No idea! Extra confused now as I don't know that 'the message' is either!

No time to explore. Apologies, whatever it was... :( :hug:

In your opinion, my track was half the quality of Frog's, giving it the lowest score from all voters. :shrug:
The message: "Kilohearts does not appreciate my kind of music and couldn't care less about my potential contributions".
That's totally fine, though, really. I trust the universe at all times and so should you! :tu:

Taron wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:10 am In your opinion, my track was half the quality of Frog's, giving it the lowest score from all voters. :shrug:
The message: "Kilohearts does not appreciate my kind of music and couldn't care less about my potential contributions".
That's totally fine, though, really. I trust the universe at all times and so should you! :tu:
Aaah... sorry! I did my scores (by myself, the main KHs guys weren't available so on this occasion I didn't represent the company.) in one sitting... unfamiliar with the system so just kinda plonked them where I felt they sat comparatively according to my tastes (which are a bit unconventional).

Absolutely no message intended at all. Sorry if you felt there was! I just did a vote based on my initial feelings.

The universe tends to sort things out in the end. :love:

It always does! No worries. ;) ...and I do enjoy Frog's inventiveness, too! :D

Besides, I'm actually quite curious about the Discovery synth, so that's pretty cool! :hyper:

Deleted
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

] Peter:H [ wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:19 pm Btw ... in parallel to the PhasePlant Competition I did this for the <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">emanate.live</span> remix compo ... just if your interessted what OSC participants do in their spare time... (Original title "In my head" by Saavan)
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/saav ... nate</span>

Ah btw... Parawave Rapid and Avanger and Melda ;-)
That's really cool Peter! But wondering why it's relevant on this thread ;) Promote this elsewhere maybe :hihi:

exponent1 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:31 pm That's really cool Peter! But wondering why it's relevant on this thread ;) Promote this elsewhere maybe :hihi:
Seems relevant to me as I'm interested in what people in this community are up to musically and frankly, if Peter had posted that anywhere else I probably wouldn't have known about it :D
I get we need to be aware and not spam this forum with self promotion but in this case I personally feel very happy that Peter is sharing appropriately :tu:
Just my opinion, I could be wrong :hug:

Taron wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:10 am In your opinion, my track was half the quality of Frog's, giving it the lowest score from all voters. :shrug:
In my defense, I got a 3 from Dirtgrain while you got a 5, which I don't think I deserve for my track this time. Just saying. I think it's all a matter of taste, which differs vastly across the board and I've come to terms with it. The fact that I won on a coin toss is unfair, I understand it.

PS: If the nonparticipants had not voted, there wouldn't be a need for a coin toss even though it would have been a tie.
Last edited by exponent1 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

zarf wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:37 pm Seems relevant to me as I'm interested in what people in this community are up to musically and frankly, if Peter had posted that anywhere else I probably wouldn't have known about it :D
I get we need to be aware and not spam this forum with self promotion but in this case I personally feel very happy that Peter is sharing appropriately :tu:
Just my opinion, I could be wrong :hug:
Eh, you could always follow him on SoundCloud to stay updated?

Anyway, Cool! I will post every song I'm working on apart from OSC here, from now on. Thanks for clearing that out! :hug:

exponent1 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:44 pm Anyway, Cool! I will post every song I'm working on apart from OSC here, from now on. Thanks for clearing that out! :hug:
:D You're right of course, I could follow him elsewhere. I was just offering my perspective in this case, and I certainly haven't 'cleared anything out' becuase it was just my opinion - I don't make the rules!
If you - or Peter - or anyone - started sharing loads of non OSC tracks my opinion would be different - I wouldn't think that was appropriate. But the occasional thing here and there - I don't have an issue with it, though I do understand of course why some people might and that's fair enough.
All good, talk about a first world problem, either way :)

Are you guys in any sort of bad mood or pissed by something? Thanks for the "inerest" anyway, I delete my post, exponent1

Return to “Instruments”