Organteq is (finally) released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Organteq

kvaca wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:39 pm...but only time will tell if Organteq is capable of this level of perfection /..and if our computers will be able to handle it/, for first listen and in its current state it still doesn't sound very convincing to me...but the same was true for Pianoteq 1 :shrug:
This is sort of my point. It is impressive, but a properly sampled instrument in Hauptwerk still sounds more authentic to my ears than Organteq. The amount of processing power to model an organ properly is substantial. Right now, Organteq is in the "uncanny valley" so to speak, and the amount of effort to eek out that last 10% of realism is massive.

I agree with teilo, Organteq sounds a bit sterile and tame compared to a good sampled instrument.

I'm also quite certain that Modartt will go the distance to get it right as they have done with Pianoteq, my piano of choice!

In the meantime I feel, like several others here, that Organteq is overpriced.
Mac M2 Studio Ultra, UAD Apollo Quad, Neumann/Genelec monitors, Logic Pro X, Ableton

Can it play the them of the Undertaker from the WWF?

Esoteric.

teilo wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:32 pm
kvaca wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:39 pm...but only time will tell if Organteq is capable of this level of perfection /..and if our computers will be able to handle it/, for first listen and in its current state it still doesn't sound very convincing to me...but the same was true for Pianoteq 1 :shrug:
This is sort of my point. It is impressive, but a properly sampled instrument in Hauptwerk still sounds more authentic to my ears than Organteq. The amount of processing power to model an organ properly is substantial. Right now, Organteq is in the "uncanny valley" so to speak, and the amount of effort to eek out that last 10% of realism is massive.
That last 1-10% requires familiarity with the original hardware, lots of testing (of the software) under various conditions and constructive criticism. Which gives the devs what they need to fine tune it.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

wake me up when they have Hammonds done

There's a number of great Hammond plugins out there. Organteq is about pipe organs, not tonewheel organs - and it's just fine that way.

what do you know if it's not about tonewheels? are you a part of Modartt team?

no, you're not. so don't talk out of your ass. I've spoken to them about Hammonds, they said they will look into it.

whether it's gonna be branded Organteq or Hammondteq, it's small details I don't care about.

I like you, EvilDragon. you never change. years go by, but you're still the same pain in the ass you've ever been. well, at least, you're consistent at something.

I beta tested Organteq, so you can consider me as an extended member of Modartt, along with all other beta testers. The physical model in it is intended for pipe organs, not tonewheel organs. That's all. Even the promo video mentions the physics involved. So no, not talking out of my ass.

I don't think I'm being a pain in the ass at all. All I'm using is facts. But you seem butthurt for no real reason.

I finally started to test the trial version of Organteq and while i am no expert for pipe organs i always was a fan of their sound and my first impression of Organteq is really good.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:16 pm I finally started to test the trial version of Organteq and while i am no expert for pipe organs i always was a fan of their sound and my first impression of Organteq is really good.
Make some brass patches while you're at it. :tu:

:clap:

:lol:

OH SNAP!

Ingonator wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:16 pm I finally started to test the trial version of Organteq and while i am no expert for pipe organs i always was a fan of their sound and my first impression of Organteq is really good.
Moddart is awesome. Pianoteq 6 Pro and Organteq both making sampling 90% obsolete. Then SWAM looks like ts getting even better with full blown PM synthesis.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

For acoustic pianos Pianoteq 6 Stage with currently 4 commercial models is indeed my favorite plugin. For pipe organs i am not really aware of other physical modeling VSTs besides Organteq while certain hardware organs seem to use it. The Hauptwerk 5 VST is based on huge sample libraries.

As so far i rarely used pipe organ sounds i mostly used some of the corresponding presets in the Korg M1 plugin for that (including the T1 expansion cards) and also the free Roland Cloud Zenology Lite has a nice Pipe Organ preset (and severral more with the full version). I also still got a Yamaha Motif ES 7 workstation with some nice pipe organ sounds.

While Organteq sounds nice and is quite vesatile concerning adjusting the tone (with using and editing the stops) with around 250 € it is expensive, especially if it is not your main instrument like it is the case for me. If i would be an organist this and Hauptwerk might be the main instruments i would use (while Hauptwerk is even more expensive).

Depending on how many stops you use for a sound Organteq could have a very high CPU usage. When using all 30 stops (with playing all 3 manuals at the same time using a single MIDI controller) it could bring my i7-7700HQ quad core CPU to it's limits and beyond that, also depending on how many notes are played at the same time.
AFAIK the Hauptwerk 5 plugin (which i don't own myself) might be lighter on the CPU but AFAIK it needs a huge amount of HD space and RAM (at least for certain organ models).

There also seem to be some older digital pipe organs that do not use samples or physical modeling but "normal" additive synthesis.
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Sounds gorgeous and amazing, but who would use it? How often do you hear pipe organs in pop, rock or dance music? Classical musicians would use real pipe organs.

Return to “Instruments”