TAL-Bassline-101 and TAL-Sampler updated to V3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have another argument to be able to hide the keyboard : I very frequently use a laptop with a 16:9 format (which is very common now) and having a visible keyboard at the bottom of plugins literally kills a lot of space, to say the less...

I of course do the update to take profit of all the other improvements, TAL-Bassline-101 and TAL-U-NO-LX being two of the best synths ever in my setup, but it is really a "big, big" (ha ha yes: big!) drawback to have this permanent keyboard which takes all the space which was usable for a row of external effects when using the former versions.
:?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Colors are BACK!

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:46 am Well they overdid SOMETHING, because it's not at all easy and effortless to use.
Well im sure you have your reasons for saying that, but personally i just cant see where the problem is. The only 3 items that have any perspective worth mentioning to them at all are the knobs and the keys and the wheels, and except perhaps for the wheels the effect is what i would call moderate at best, at least when compared with certain other perspective-based plugins where the effect really is overdone to the point of it being distracting.

So while there is definitely some perspective going on in LuSH-101 its certainly nowhere as bad as it is with other plugins that could be named in this context. On the contrary, looking at its UI the only thing that really stands out to me is the rather low-quality labeling, (especially the indicator lines for the sliders are really shoddy because they alternate between single line and doubled line), i.e. this stuff could certainly be made a lot sharper and cleaner if youd put a little more effort into them. (See my UI for PG-8X for comparison.)

But aside from that im not sure what criticism there could be. The sliders are sliding smoothly with relative high precision, the knobs dito, and as far as i could see the rest pretty much works as you would expect too. Maybe with the 'small' skin everything is a bit on the petite side due to the amount of stuff thats being displayed at a time, but with the big skin thats no longer a problem either, so like i said, in the end its only the rather low-quality labeling that really stands out to me.

ENV1 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:49 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:46 am Well they overdid SOMETHING, because it's not at all easy and effortless to use.
Well im sure you have your reasons for saying that, but personally i just cant see where the problem is. The only 3 items that have any perspective worth mentioning to them at all are the knobs and the keys and the wheels, and except perhaps for the wheels the effect is what i would call moderate at best, at least when compared with certain other perspective-based plugins where the effect really is overdone to the point of it being distracting.

So while there is definitely some perspective going on in LuSH-101 its certainly nowhere as bad as it is with other plugins that could be named in this context. On the contrary, looking at its UI the only thing that really stands out to me is the rather low-quality labeling, (especially the indicator lines for the sliders are really shoddy because they alternate between single line and doubled line), i.e. this stuff could certainly be made a lot sharper and cleaner if youd put a little more effort into them. (See my UI for PG-8X for comparison.)

But aside from that im not sure what criticism there could be. The sliders are sliding smoothly with relative high precision, the knobs dito, and as far as i could see the rest pretty much works as you would expect too. Maybe with the 'small' skin everything is a bit on the petite side due to the amount of stuff thats being displayed at a time, but with the big skin thats no longer a problem either, so like i said, in the end its only the rather low-quality labeling that really stands out to me.
Obvious thing in Lush-101 would be either remove that giant keyboard or make it small. It's almost half the size of the frickin' plugin, no wonder all the rest of it is cramped with tiny labels while the plugin window is huge. The keyboard takes up way to much useless space. But that's about Lush-101 and we should keep the discussion to TAL-101.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:31 am Colors are BACK!
Yes!!! :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Yes! Actually, the new (darker) grey one is still my fave but the black one now looks cool too (didn't enjoy it on V2). Wonder why neither of the main emus has gone for the actual grey of the HW. Maybe the Roland one has, no interest in their cloud so don't even know what it looks like.

Lush looks like the GUI was designed by AQ, as mentioned before in this thread.
Last edited by samsam on Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Where? I downloaded again and don't see the options anywhere...

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:02 pm
Where? I downloaded again and don't see the options anywhere...
I got 3.03 yesterday, no colours, this seems to be 3.03+ with colours (just downloaded it 5 mins ago). Top right of the GUI says 'Color' on a button
Last edited by samsam on Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Obvious thing in Lush-101 would be either remove that giant keyboard or make it small. It's almost half the size of the frickin' plugin, no wonder all the rest of it is cramped with tiny labels while the plugin window is huge. The keyboard takes up way to much useless space. But that's about Lush-101 and we should keep the discussion to TAL-101.
Actually the keyboard can already be made invisible under GUI/Keyboard Visible.

This will shrink the plugin window accordingly, but youre right, this belongs in a LuSH-101 thread and not here.

ENV1 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:04 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Obvious thing in Lush-101 would be either remove that giant keyboard or make it small. It's almost half the size of the frickin' plugin, no wonder all the rest of it is cramped with tiny labels while the plugin window is huge. The keyboard takes up way to much useless space. But that's about Lush-101 and we should keep the discussion to TAL-101.
Actually the keyboard can already be made invisible under GUI/Keyboard Visible.

This will shrink the plugin window accordingly, but youre right, this belongs in a LuSH-101 thread and not here.
Ah ok, makes sense.

Must have been browser cache. Got it now.

Damn , the latest 3.0.3beta has made my host become verry sluggish when playing from the pc keyboard ( renoise ) and bassline gui is shown .
Also studio one behaves verry slow ( when gui si shown ) taskmanger cpu is in the red just because of the gui ( no actual audio is played )
How can a simple colour option mess this up

It has literally become unusable over here :cry:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Confirmed, play cursor freezes in Reaper when GUI is shown. Eheheh.

Glad to hear I am not the only one , bug report send :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Seeing how quickly Patrick is on the case here, I think bug reports are gonna get speedy resolution.

Love TAL :)

Return to “Instruments”