TAL-Bassline-101 and TAL-Sampler updated to V3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I reported it first. :)

Teksonik wrote:Very hard to beat the luSH101 Gui.....*in my opinion* :tu:
what a claustrophobic disaster that is.

Patrick replied, he managed to fix the 6+ keys pressed crash, and he did say he will be bringing back the color options, but he needs to do something regarding internal color handling first.

(And yeah, LuSH-101 GUI is a prime example of how to overdo skeuomorphism at the detriment of usability.)

Great news. Make sure he never thinks about going down the Lush GUI path ;)

EvilDragon wrote: And yeah, LuSH-101 GUI is a prime example of how to overdo skeuomorphism at the detriment of usability.
Huh?

Dont get me wrong, there are certainly more than enough plugins where this applies...but LuSH-101? The effect is so minimal here that the UI almost passes as orthograpic, i.e. im not sure how this could be categorized as a prime example of overdone perspective.

Well they overdid SOMETHING, because it's not at all easy and effortless to use.

Imho the hui experience of hardware lookalike plugins fal miserably when there are a ton of controls cramped together .
It's the software equivalent of roland boutique series
Lush and Admiral quality being prime examples of how it's not done properly , or rather overdone .
Tal , (latest ) toneboosters , valhalla , cytomic , madrona got it all right , vector scaling, no hassle etc , pure fuctionality etc ..
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

jbuonacc wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:21 am what a claustrophobic disaster that is.
You know that's not the actual size right ? :lol:

The large size GUI at 1920x1080 is perfectly functional and it looks great as well.... *in my opinion*. Can't say the same about appearace of the Tal-101 gui....*in my opinion* :wink:
EvilDragon wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:49 am (And yeah, LuSH-101 GUI is a prime example of how to overdo skeuomorphism at the detriment of usability.)
Pefectly usable here. Couple hundred patches and used in quite a few projects.....perfectly usable. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Just shows there's different people working in different ways and appreciating different visuals.

Yes it does. Do you own luSH101 ?

Anyway I don't have anything against Tal I just prefer the luSH101 gui. I tried Tal's 101 when it was first released and wasn't blown away but I'm sure it's gone through a lot of changes since then. Perhaps I'll try the demo again and look for a Black Friday deal...... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:49 am Patrick replied, he managed to fix the 6+ keys pressed crash, and he did say he will be bringing back the color options, but he needs to do something regarding internal color handling first.

(And yeah, LuSH-101 GUI is a prime example of how to overdo skeuomorphism at the detriment of usability.)
Fixed and updated.
More UI contrast (v 3.0.3)
Crash in poly mode when playing more than 6 voices fixed (v 3.0.3)
sound sculptist

The archive still seems to contain 3.0.2 tho.

EDIT: Seems that browser cache acted up. DLd using another browser and it's fine. Woot!

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:13 pm Yes it does. Do you own luSH101 ?
No, but I demoed it extensively, and the reason for not owning it is mentioned already ;)
Last edited by EvilDragon on Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3.03 working fine so far on Mac.

The darker colour of V3 ans the increased contrast in this update pretty compelling for me, well into the new GUI :tu:

Looks and sounds lovely. As it always did, I know, but for me looks a little lovelier now it's darker grey.

It is for me too easier to read in 3.03.
rsp
sound sculptist

3.03 is better. I've also requested to Patrick that the display box and the box underneath (used to be called the "Master") section be switched so that the keyboard row could be hidden (along with display readout) and you'd still see the same controls as in previous versions. Send in support for that request if that sounds good to you! Same requested for Uno-LX.

Return to “Instruments”