TAL-Bassline-101 and TAL-Sampler updated to V3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-bassline-101
https://tal-software.com/products/tal-sampler

They added the keyboard like with Uno and also added MPE support. Surprised I didn't hear anything about it yet!
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thanks for the heads up
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Not really liking the new GUI though. I miss the lighter GUI. This one seems pretty low contrast.

where have you heard about MPE ?

it has been stated on their homepage's news blog. I'd also guess that it should be mentioned on their respective updates changelogs.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:41 am it has been stated on their homepage's news blog. I'd also guess that it should be mentioned on their respective updates changelogs.
How would that work for a monophonic synth?

EDIT: scratch that ^^^ wasn't aware there's 6-voice poly mode :)

Anyway, I might finally buy it! LuSH-101 is great, but overwhelming and this one seems easy & fast to dial in presets :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

nothing in the changelog, but i opened now the news page and found it. Also for unoLX - Great :)
These two synths are together with tal-mod far bether than the complete roland cloud

Haven't tried the cloud, but i really love my SH-01A
But in general TAL makes the best softsynths for me regarding the sound, even if Monark, Repro, or The Legend might technically sport even more ‘advanced’ sound engines (or their marketing blurbs are just better)
Then again, i simply might be a Roland guy.

I had a quick chat with the developer and also ventilated my thoughts about the new gui , which imho is a step back and the plugin loads slower when show/hide gui .
NO more colour options
Good thing , this new added keyboard sillyness will not make it into TALmod ( according to the developer )
Still ,togu is one the best out there , top notch engineering and supoort .
LONG LIVE TAL :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Good thing , this new added keyboard sillyness will not make it into TALmod ( according to the developer )
:tu:
it's GUI's height is TAL(L) enough as it already is - though maybe he should add modulation input sockets for the envelope ADSRs :party:
(and while we're at it: an output tab on each oscillator's section to select which envelope (or none / simply gated) is fed)

Forgot to mention that TAL imo also makes some of the most usable virtual instruments GUIs out there. Maybe he could learn a thing or two about knob/mouse behaviour from u-he which works better for me, but for the rest it's imo more the industry as a whole that could learn from TAL.
Last edited by FapFilter on Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah I'd like to see the color options back. I loved the black one.

BTW it hard crashes the host if you hold down more than 6 keys simultaneously in poly mode. Beware!

Sent an e-mail to Patrick about it (and requesting the color options back, of course).

Yeah, i hope he won't take away these options from TAL Mod and Sampler, as their default ones are not the most nice looking ones (imo)

btw @EvilDragon: as you're a Reaper user aswell (i think): do you use TAL Mod and Dub X? I'm having issues with both: TAL Mod has weird sound glitches with Hard Sync(s) enabled when a project has been (re)loaded. I always have to dis- and re-enable them first to get it back to normal.
In Dub X, after loading a project, the GUI for the left tap is unresponsive and fixed to a low delay setting in miliseconds.

Didn't want to bother him yet, as i thought that surely others would have these issues too and those would long be fixed

I don't use either of those two plugins, sorry.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:56 am https://tal-software.com/products/tal-bassline-101

They added the keyboard like with Uno and also added MPE support. Surprised I didn't hear anything about it yet!
Nice, great sounding synth.

Return to “Instruments”