Opinions on MassiveX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X Zebra

Stefken wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:25 am
SLiC wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:46 am I think one of the problems with MX is just it is now being compared with some recently updated and highly developed WT synths like Icarus 2 and Pigments 2, both have had the kitchen sink thrown at them and include MPE etc. All good for the user (especially free major updates like P2) but must be really hard for developers to keep up...
Pigments was released in december 2018; MX was released in june 2019. So MX is more recent.
But it's a domain where NI clearly has lost ground. And comparisons are inevitable.

If Pigments and MX could have a baby (with the UI of Pigments and the DSP of MX) that would be like the next generation :wink: synth that was a advertised.
So true!

EnGee wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:02 am I'm curious (really). What kind of music that requires MPE and all those "micro" modulations? It can't be done with what exist in MX? I only can imagine exotic music (kind of ambient) and maybe like the music you can play while making Yoga. Are there other kind of music that uses such advanced modulations?

Even such complex music. It can't be done with macros modulation and internal ones? Anyway, I might be just getting old now! :hihi:
That is like asking what kind of music would use a guitar where you can bend one note while playing others

Most string instruments are’MPE’
Last edited by pdxindy on Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mholloway wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:29 am
pdxindy wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:26 am ... is a bit surprising considering original Massive has MSEG’s
Uh, does it though? It has envelopes much like those in MX, and also the stepper / performers, much like MX, but also a lot more primitive... there are no MSEG envelopes in Massive, certainly none like Zebra's....
Maybe MSEG isn’t the technically correct term... but Massive can create complex envelope shapes that can be per voice.

I'm not at all a fan of Pigments UI...

So?
You can't run statistics on 1 item :wink: .

pdxindy wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:17 pm
EnGee wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:02 am I'm curious (really). What kind of music that requires MPE and all those "micro" modulations? It can't be done with what exist in MX? I only can imagine exotic music (kind of ambient) and maybe like the music you can play while making Yoga. Are there other kind of music that uses such advanced modulations?

Even such complex music. It can't be done with macros modulation and internal ones? Anyway, I might be just getting old now! :hihi:
That is like asking what kind of music would use a guitar where you can bend one note while playing others

So, without MPE you can't achieve such sounds?

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:42 pm I'm not at all a fan of Pigments UI...
I am, so much Serum :wink:

Would be getting Pigments if Massive X didn't already come with Komplete.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

EnGee wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:51 pm
pdxindy wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:17 pm

So, without MPE you can't achieve such sounds?
No, not playing realtime

Ok thanks for the answer

Stefken wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:49 pm So?
You can't run statistics on 1 item :wink: .
I'm sure I'm not the only one. :P

mholloway wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:29 am
pdxindy wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:26 am ... is a bit surprising considering original Massive has MSEG’s
Uh, does it though? It has envelopes much like those in MX, and also the stepper / performers, much like MX, but also a lot more primitive... there are no MSEG envelopes in Massive, certainly none like Zebra's....
in my mind , the ne plus ultra of MSEG would be Absynth ...

Stefken wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:25 am If Pigments and MX could have a baby (with the UI of Pigments and the DSP of MX) that would be like the next generation :wink: synth that was advertised.
Please no. Those constantly moving little rainbow coloured thingies in the middle of your screen all the time are the most annoying thing i've ever seen in a synth. But hey, my girlfriend thought it looked cute :lol:
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:44 pm
Stefken wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:25 am If Pigments and MX could have a baby (with the UI of Pigments and the DSP of MX) that would be like the next generation :wink: synth that was advertised.
Please no. Those constantly moving little rainbow coloured thingies in the middle of your screen all the time are the most annoying thing i've ever seen in a synth. But hey, my girlfriend thought it looked cute :lol:
Well, as your girlfriend is wearing the pants. That's settled then. :D

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, NI is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. You can revert to v1.1:

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... nit-en-us-

Return to “Instruments”