VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Phase Plant

JunSev wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:27 pm
Robmobius wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:38 pm
FotoxBr wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:21 pm
XxEDxX wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:43 pm So deciding just by judging some presets alone is not smart (as for every synth).
It is smart when you know your own patches will never reach the level of professional sound designers :-) I expect the presets to represent the best a synth has to offer. I never heard phase plant btw.
Exactly this!! :tu: When you see pros, who you know are really good at sound design, and they can't make the synth sound great then it's got to raise an eyebrow or two.
You guys are wrong, very wrong, I have no idea what's happening with this generation...

A preset created from someone else never will be the same from something created from user own personal choices; that's why is important to learn to create your own sounds from scratch, your own plucks, keys, big pads, leads ext.

Now if you are the kinda lazy person that doesn't even want to learn his tools, then don't speak as facts what is not, just understand your own big laziness and unwillingness to learn a little bit about the tools you're using.

With all respect to all.
I hope you're not making your own presets using a prebuilt synth; unless you've constructed your own how can you ensure your sound is unique?
Ditto pianos - I've spent the last 20 years building my own so that no-one can accuse me of being lazy!
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Brittlestem wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:56 pm
XxEDxX wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:43 pm So deciding just by judging some presets alone is not smart (as for every synth).
It is smart when you know your own patches will never reach the level of professional sound designers :-) I expect the presets to represent the best a synth has to offer. I never heard phase plant btw.
Exactly this!! :tu: When you see pros, who you know are really good at sound design, and they can't make the synth sound great then it's got to raise an eyebrow or two.
You guys are wrong, very wrong, I have no idea what's happening with this generation...

A preset created from someone else never will be the same from something created from user own personal choices; that's why is important to learn to create your own sounds from scratch, your own plucks, keys, big pads, leads ext.

Now if you are the kinda lazy person that doesn't even want to learn his tools, then don't speak as facts what is not, just understand your own big laziness and unwillingness to learn a little bit about the tools you're using.

With all respect to all.
I hope you're not making your own presets using a prebuilt synth; unless you've constructed your own how can you ensure your sound is unique?
Ditto pianos - I've spent the last 20 years building my own so that no-one can accuse me of being lazy!
We don't need to go that far Brittlestem, I'm talking about learning our tools and do use of it, is a nice rewarding experience when we are able to create our own presets not relaying always with presets or YouTube videos in order to take the right decision, don't get me wrong.

By the way yeah Phaseplant is a little bit pricey, I'm just expressing my opinion about some other bad misconception.

With all respect.

Brittlestem wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:56 pm

With all respect to all.
pfft, you're still using biology that was built by a previous generation. lazy!

LOL :tu:
Last edited by Robmobius on Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

JunSev wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:09 pm I'm talking about learning our tools and do use of it, is a nice rewarding experience when we are able to create our own presets not relaying always with presets or YouTube videos in order to take the right decision, don't get me wrong.
Thankfully we have people like you here to give us a guiding hand and you super Jedi insights. Phew! Lucky us. :clap:

I mean, none of us here would have ever thought about learning how to program a synth. In fact, I honestly thought that one could only ever use presets. The things you learn in your mid-40s...

With da' respek... Yo... Word...Dope, etc.
[/quote]
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

DP

Saw some interesting Neuro bass design, incidentally. I can see it would be good for stuff like that. :tu:

Has anybody here completed 12 months of the rental plan yet?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:26 am Has anybody here completed 12 months of the rental plan yet?
Not possible, as it was launched 5 months ago :)

I just cancelled it (after 4 payments), took advantage of current sale and bought PP outright for 84EUR (I previously owned The Works, which was everything minus PP).
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:45 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:26 am Has anybody here completed 12 months of the rental plan yet?
Not possible, as it was launched 5 months ago :)

I just cancelled it (after 4 payments), took advantage of current sale and bought PP outright for 84EUR (I previously owned The Works, which was everything minus PP).
Ah ok.

I’m thinking of renting it for 12 months then next Black Friday applying my 12-month $100 credit to the purchase. The FAQs don’t mention any stipulations on the voucher so I think it should be possible.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

also tried out the demo. It remembers me to Rapid, with the lfo and envelopes at the bottom.
To draw own lfo is very cool. But the routing is very dissapointing, I am missing a mod matrix or an overview.
The presets are ok, but nothing special and not many for a +300€ synth.
If you own already a lot of other synths you won't miss this synth.
My update options are 82€ for pro and 136€ for ultimate, so the two eqs cost me 50€ more.
If the offer would have been 82€ for ultimate I would have bought it. Let's see whats the offer next year....

Made this guys list. He explains why (and leaks some beta features).

https://youtu.be/7NnzspH0ODA?t=34

FYI, Phase Plant is the synth being used for this month's One Synth Challenge.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=535629

StuSmith wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:41 am FYI, Phase Plant is the synth being used for this month's One Synth Challenge.

Thanks Stu!

StuSmith wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:41 am FYI, Phase Plant is the synth being used for this month's One Synth Challenge.

Maybe if I posted a link that worked that would be good...

Return to “Instruments”