Phase Plant... Thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Phase Plant

Robmobius wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:38 pm
FotoxBr wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:21 pm
XxEDxX wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:43 pm So deciding just by judging some presets alone is not smart (as for every synth).
It is smart when you know your own patches will never reach the level of professional sound designers :-) I expect the presets to represent the best a synth has to offer. I never heard phase plant btw.
Exactly this!! :tu: When you see pros, who you know are really good at sound design, and they can't make the synth sound great then it's got to raise an eyebrow or two.
You guys are wrong, very wrong, I have no idea what's happening with this generation...

A preset created from someone else never will be the same from something created from user own personal choices; that's why is important to learn to create your own sounds from scratch, your own plucks, keys, big pads, leads ext.

Now if you are the kinda lazy person that doesn't even want to learn his tools, then don't speak as facts what is not, just understand your own big laziness and unwillingness to learn a little bit about the tools you're using.

With all respect to all.

JunSev wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:27 pm You guys are wrong, very wrong
Most your posts I've seen lately started with something similar :?

First, I think it's a personal choice whether to use presets or make own sounds which shouldn't be criticized. I do prefer making my own, but before investing my time into learning a new synth I always want to hear what the others can do with it. if I don't hear anything apepaling to me how would I know that the synth can sound the way I want and is worthy of my time? There are just too many other synths and too little time to learn them all.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

JunSev wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:27 pm
You guys are wrong, very wrong, I have no idea what's happening with this generation...

A preset created from someone else never will be the same from something created from user own personal choices; that's why is important to learn to create your own sounds from scratch, your own plucks, keys, big pads, leads ext.

Now if you are the kinda lazy person that doesn't even want to learn his tools, then don't speak as facts what is not, just understand your own big laziness and unwillingness to learn a little bit about the tools you're using.

With all respect to all.
I think we can agree to disagree.
I suspect you do not know a lot about my generation though :-)

JunSev wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:27 pm With all respect to all.
LOL - Yeah sure!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

FotoxBr wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:07 pm
I suspect you do not know a lot about my generation though :-)
Or his own it seems. :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

For those who know Dash Glitch he’s putting it to extremely good use and it’s definitely on the radar for me.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Evidently, the young 'uns all decided to step on JunSev's lawn.

I have visions of JunSev going into a music store and screaming "you're a big fat phoney" at a rompler.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:35 pm For those who know Dash Glitch he’s putting it to extremely good use
Okay, now that's something really interesting (though mostly for those who are into psy)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnjuJ3Gbmbs
But Serum and Dune 3 can do prety similar sounding stuff (let alone Virus TI)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:02 pm
JunSev wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:27 pm You guys are wrong, very wrong

First, I think it's a personal choice whether to use presets or make own sounds which shouldn't be criticized. I do prefer making my own, but before investing my time into learning a new synth I always want to hear what the others can do with it. if I don't hear anything apepaling to me how would I know that the synth can sound the way I want and is worthy of my time? There are just too many other synths and too little time to learn them all.
If some people are spreading misinformation or wrong statement, they need to be called out about that, what's up?
First, I think it's a personal choice whether to use presets or make own sounds which shouldn't be criticized.
I don't have problems with that, what is really wrong is to jump in bad conclusions because of presets when at the end presets is not all when I can do better creating my own presets.
I do prefer making my own, but before investing my time into learning a new synth I always want to hear what the others can do with it. if I don't hear anything apepaling to me how would I know that the synth can sound the way I want and is worthy of my time?
Because in many cases presets are only demonstrations and is subject to tastes, you would be really surprised that many of my top favorites synthesizers offers presets I don't like at all, I don't even use any of them, but the sound... the possibilities and everything I'm able to do with it... I can tell I'm happy with my investments, that's why is good to demo than judge by presets and YouTube videos.
There are just too many other synths and too little time to learn them all.
Well then reduce your time to learn the few synths you're interested in and don't go around judging wrongly a synth because of its presets or YouTube videos if you haven't tested by yourself, I'm pretty sure you can use your time wisely, there is time for everything.

With all respect Recursive one.

From what I've seen, Phase Plant has been a slow burner. Started off to a lacklustre reception and is only now just getting recognition and winning fans.

It's on my radar to get, but is still far too expensive for me even with black friday pricing.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

I thought the pricing strategy was very poor, charging a not insignificant sum for a cut down version with a handful of standard filters and fx, and an overpriced version with everything included. It sounded good to me but the pricing put me off buying it.

I installed the demo 2 times.

Audio rate modulation = nice feature.
Soundwise I didn't like it at all and it's overpriced.

FotoxBr wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:21 pm
XxEDxX wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:43 pm So deciding just by judging some presets alone is not smart (as for every synth).
It is smart when you know your own patches will never reach the level of professional sound designers :-) I expect the presets to represent the best a synth has to offer. I never heard phase plant btw.
A lot of presets on this synth are made by youtubers I would call professional sound designers.

Vortifex wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:16 pm I thought the pricing strategy was very poor, charging a not insignificant sum for a cut down version with a handful of standard filters and fx, and an overpriced version with everything included. It sounded good to me but the pricing put me off buying it.
Interesting you should say that... Because that's what I felt that about KH as well. I really wanted Multi-Pass but it was crazy expensive for an fx plugin.

But I bought KH One synth because it was on offer and that lead me to a decent discount at their shop for Multi-Pass. Trick is to have something and you'll get a cumulative discount.

Phase Plant for me is 118 euro but that's because I have MP, and KH 1. But why they released it initially for 299.00 (I think it was) was a really bad move imo. :(

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:35 pm For those who know Dash Glitch he’s putting it to extremely good use and it’s definitely on the radar for me.
Will check it out!

Return to “Instruments”