ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

LOL! Getting better now. You not even have the product but you dislike that a customer like me who put hundreds of euro into that company say that he expected a free update to a scalbale UI. :lol:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

It doesn't matter whether or not you sunk hundreds of € in the product. You can well decide for yourself whether or not you want to sink another hundred into it.

Or... you can complain on internet forums about it. Thing is, all that i see is another poor crying soul then. While the pros will be like :phones: :band2:.

Anyway.

The real pros will be like
Disclaimer: Spending lots of money doesn't make a person any more "pro" than someone who achieves same effect for free :hihi:

Anyway, I'm curious how Nexus will hold in a modern market with so many other romplers / preset packs available, especially from Native Instruments. It's not the one and only "preset machine" anymore, and the competition offers more for less.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Hmm, not even a GUI preview?

I'll get the update for sure
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Three thoughts.

1 - Very surprised they're launching on Black Friday. That's a very curious strategy.
2 - Please please give us a tag browser. It really is a preset machine, so it better have one.
3 - And a better mixer.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

chk071 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:48 am It doesn't matter whether or not you sunk hundreds of € in the product. You can well decide for yourself whether or not you want to sink another hundred into it.

Or... you can complain on internet forums about it. Thing is, all that i see is another poor crying soul then. While the pros will be like :phones: :band2:.

Anyway.
The funniest guy is the one who complain on forum that others have something to complain. :dog:

PS. Also if it doesn't matter for you that's fine but it does matter for me. Respect other peoples opinion or you are wrong on a public board.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

If you own FL Studio keep an eye on FLEX. It seems to take direct aim at Nexus. Although FLEX doesn't have the volume of sample content found in Nexus...yet...it was free for FL Studio users including some nice free sample content.

I'm sure the sample content will continue to grow. I don't know if there are plans to release a VSTi version to use outside of FL Studio or if there are any plans to release the full sound design version.

Both moves could make FLEX a Nexus killer over time.....

https://www.image-line.com/plugins/FLEX/
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mladi wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:18 am PS. Also if it doesn't matter for you that's fine but it does matter for me. Respect other peoples opinion or you are wrong on a public board.
Sure, i do that. I just wonder why you prejudge it.

faster, bigger and better. could mean anything, i am interested if it will be still a ROMpler or more.
and if rompler how deep you can go with v3 maybe?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

@Mladi
of course there will be much MORE in this update than the ability to scale the old GUI. Actually its a complete new GUI, and the new free Factory content alone would judge the costs of 2 XP packs. More infos and videos soon however

Yes, yes, yes! Finally!
I'm really excited about the new content but rather about the workflow with a more readable GUI.
And a slightly opened layer management (the underestimated secret weapon in the Nexus par excellence) would be nice.

hi Manuel. Does the new factory library installs alongside with the old one? (as a separate content) or rewrites the old content? Will i have to reimort all XPs i already have after upgrading to N3?

Will there be a public trial version of Nexus 3 without writing a mail to reFX?

Let's wait if it's really happening. Remember remember the vanguard dilemma :D Anyways it has to come up with more than a new UI and "Faster, bigger, better in every way". I guess it still won't be even close to a more open architecture. But rumors had it in another thread there will be an online preset exchange/shop system.

Return to “Instruments”