ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

tristan- wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:30 am From the website:

New Librarian
Completely new librarian. It's large so it can fit all the content available for NEXUS3!

This is a pretty standard feature in any synth nowadays. Its better to say that the old librarian was so small even by yesterday standards that it was almost pathetic.

It's funny that its shown as the first big reason for an upgrade.

It's like those big sluggish government institution who advertise in 2019 - look, now you can send us your requests, by fax! :)
I wish synapse would add this “feature” to Dune 3...

Wow...ran into my first hiccup. Apparently the project was using a version of Nexus2 that was "too old". I have to reload the project using a newer version of Nexus2 and then save it. Then reload Nexus3 (since it overwrites Nexus 2) and then save that.

Backwards compatible? Nope.

Any workarounds or hope for this? It feels like I am going to lose about an hour to get to an old project that I need to remix. Thought I would try here first...because I have DOZENS of projects that could potentially throw this at me...so HOURS lost...

Help?!?!?

thejonsolo wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:41 pm Wow...ran into my first hiccup. Apparently the project was using a version of Nexus2 that was "too old". I have to reload the project using a newer version of Nexus2 and then save it. Then reload Nexus3 (since it overwrites Nexus 2) and then save that.

Backwards compatible? Nope.

Any workarounds or hope for this? It feels like I am going to lose about an hour to get to an old project that I need to remix. Thought I would try here first...because I have DOZENS of projects that could potentially throw this at me...so HOURS lost...

Help?!?!?
Was the project using v1 of nexus?

Nope. I have only ever owned Nexus2...until V3.

I can't figure out how to enter the sequencer mode that the presentation image is mentioning (in order to have the keyboard on the left side). Also, what does that "Zoom" button do? Clicked it, nothing happens!
Win 10, Nexus 3.0.11, Cubase 8.5 Pro

Figured it out: Just put the arp mode to "seq". However, it's much more practical to just have the nexus instance duplicated for every layer that you'd like to use and use the Daw's sequencer instead (drawing it with mouse is definitely not an option) - but that was possible in N2, anyway.I thought that the sequences are all split into notes, finally.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

msvs wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:39 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiFMgWZhdvE
Ha ha! What a fun video... I’m not sure who was more fun to watch: Claudio being over the top or Michael being super serious. :hyper:

well there wasnt much to do for me :D :party:

New NEXUS 3 EXPANSION ARTIST SERIES KSHMR
https://refx.com/nexus/expansion/artist-series-kshmr/

https://youtu.be/pUqZ0zbuVmk
We all know his work: Niles Dhar, better known as KSHMR, made the brand new Nexus artist expansion for Nexus3!

True to his signature sound, you'll find beautiful electronic dance sounds, as well as real recorded natural and classical instruments.

This library is a year in the making as the perfectionist KSHMR sets his own bar very high. Many real instruments were recorded and multisampled for this outstanding expansion, but it contains fine crafted synth sounds as well:

Rolling arps, perfectly mixed drums, cutting basslines, lush pads and huge leads - perfect for nearly all styles of electronic music. This expansion is a winner!

Is the tagging system going to get some updates? None of it seems to be working yet.

Since we're basically forced into a closed system, with sound design, can we get some lo-fi expansions, and more realistic instruments for awhile? The entire library is saturated with entirely too much trance,dance,edm, synths galore.. There;s much more to music then a synth!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Also where's the release notes located on the updates that come out?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I have Nexus v3.0.11 and FL Studio 20.6. I made a project with Nexus 3 as only synth. When I open the project the GUI of FL Studio become none responsive. I can press play and music will start play. There is no timer / counter, no sound level animation from VU meters, I can't open the mixer and some other windows. It is slow and sluggish. Takes long time to even load up this project. It doesn't really crash FL Studio but almost. Are there any other FL Studio 20.6 users with Nexus 3 who experienced similar behaviour?

I sent message to Image-Line and after a number of tests they suggested me to do a clean install. I did but it didn't really work. Choosing fixed buffer for Nexus 3 in FL Studio will work. I contacted ReFX but no reply from them.

Cheers!
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Yay, another EDM expansion, there's only like 50 of them already, all with basically the same sounds :roll:

Reefius wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:10 am Yay, another EDM expansion, there's only like 50 of them already, all with basically the same sounds :roll:
I sort of agree with you there. Would be really nice if they released some really diverse stuff.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

but EDM ist the most demanded (by far)

the KSHMR holds some very nice multisamples nature instruments (strings, Brass, Guitars, Flutes and many Indian/Ethno Instruments)

Return to “Instruments”