Virus TI Software but no Virus

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I once had a TI virus. It was a very long time ago. This may sound strange but I need the TI software and best still the patches available for download.
Background is pretty simple. I would like to get inspiration for programming new sounds.
I have no idea if and how or it is illegal because without a virus, the software is actually useless. Holding only not for me.
I have already written to the support but my feeling tells me that there comes a rejection. That's why the question here.
I'm curious what's coming.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

What? You dont have virus but want to have its software? You have to have a virus for plugin to load otherwise it will say in window (please connect virus ti)

The software only connects the virus to a computer, it doesn't make any sound on its own. You can't load any patches into it or see any of the controls if you don't have an actual virus connected to your daw.

Adam Szabo Viper is an exact software equivalent in terms of signal flow and layout, except that it currently has no wavetable oscillators, and it sounds quite similar. Some of the factory patches were ported from virus ti.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

As has already been pointed out its just essentially a MIDI editor for the synth itself.if you want a complete plugin version of a Virus sound engine then you will need to get a hold of a TC Powercore or the TDM version if you have Pro Tools.they are based on the Virus A or B though and the sound engine on the TI is completely different,though not miles away from the C
I

recursive one wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:55 pm Adam Szabo Viper is an exact software equivalent in terms of signal flow and layout, except that it currently has no wavetable oscillators, and it sounds quite similar. Some of the factory patches were ported from virus ti.
The comparison ends there though.they do not sit at all the same in the mix.i am not surprised though because i was underwhelmed by JP6K as well.it sounded far too "nice"to be an equivalent to the JP8080(my first ever synth)and again it doesn't sit the same in a mix which some may consider to be a good thing but a lot of the horrid by todays standards aliasing and super clicky envelopes are what made the JP8080/8000 what it was(other than the supersaw and feedback oscillators)
I

TIMT wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:08 pm
recursive one wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:55 pm Adam Szabo Viper is an exact software equivalent in terms of signal flow and layout, except that it currently has no wavetable oscillators, and it sounds quite similar. Some of the factory patches were ported from virus ti.
The comparison ends there though.they do not sit at all the same in the mix.i am not surprised though because i was underwhelmed by JP6K as well.it sounded far too "nice"to be an equivalent to the JP8080(my first ever synth)and again it doesn't sit the same in a mix which some may consider to be a good thing but a lot of the horrid by todays standards aliasing and super clicky envelopes are what made the JP8080/8000 what it was(other than the supersaw and feedback oscillators)
I understood that the OP wanted to study some Virus presets in order to use this knowledge in programming other synths. Obvioulsy getting an actual Virus would be his best bet but at least Viper has the same features/signalflow/patch structure.

Some of the Virus presets may be found in the Viper factory banks (some were ported by Adam himself, I also ported some in banks 2 and 3). Viper doesn't directly load Virus preset or banks nor there is any converter though.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”