Audiomodern releases Playbeat - Creative Groove Randomizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Playbeat 2

Last edited by enCiphered on Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My initial reaction was that it's very limited, but that might actually be a good thing. Controlled randomness is great for inspiration. Going to give it a spin.

Zmies wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:29 pm My initial reaction was that it's very limited, but that might actually be a good thing. Controlled randomness is great for inspiration. Going to give it a spin.
Exactly! Controlled randomization is something that only a handful of devs are implementing in their synths and instruments. This one is really cool and will be the perfect complement to the superb HY plugins!

No way of exporting midi loops? It would be good to export the midi and apply to other plug-ins, like Battery or XO.

such a great plugin. I just tested it and it's awesome how you can bring to life new groove ideas and start a new beat from that.
:phones: Music Loops - ProducerSpot.com

Love the concept but only 4 samples is far too limited for my tastes.
Some other drum machines also offer randomisation possibilities, this is not so revolutionary.
Midi export of patterns would be really nice too.
Btw: demo limitations = super annoying

Would this be handy to use in conjunction with say, Atlas?

Wanted to like this but i'm afraid it's worthless.

- No midi (or audio) drag and drop
- No envelopes
- No fine tuning
- No selecting of next or previous sample
- Sample start function not precise
- Latency/timing issues with playback (rendering is tight however)

And on top of that the demo crashed Cubase several times.
More BPM please

I bought this a few days ago.

In Sonar, I had some problems with the buttons becoming unresponsive occassionally, but by closing and reopening the vst window, the problem was solved.

I wrote to tech support because I felt that the preset save was limited. If you save a preset, only the pattern lanes get saved … not the samples that you used in conjunction with the patterns. The next day I did get a response saying they would implement the links to the samples with the presets to make the preset saving worthwhile. I will wait to see if this happens, they did suggest about a week to code.

I found the app fun to use though and simple to understand. The introductory price was pretty cheap which was a big plus.
Ludl

can it send MIDI out to another channel in Ableton?

dionenoid wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:56 pm Wanted to like this but i'm afraid it's worthless.

- No midi (or audio) drag and drop
- No envelopes
- No fine tuning
- No selecting of next or previous sample
- Sample start function not precise
- Latency/timing issues with playback (rendering is tight however)

And on top of that the demo crashed Cubase several times.

I agree with, I am suspicious of the good will of audiomodern, the plug ins are very beautiful and interesting but they lack many features and their promises "BUY ONCE
GET LIFETIME UPDATES" I have a doubt because I bought Riffer when it was released and for the moment there has been no interesting update...

ludl wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:51 pm I bought this a few days ago.

In Sonar, I had some problems with the buttons becoming unresponsive occassionally, but by closing and reopening the vst window, the problem was solved.

I wrote to tech support because I felt that the preset save was limited. If you save a preset, only the pattern lanes get saved … not the samples that you used in conjunction with the patterns. The next day I did get a response saying they would implement the links to the samples with the presets to make the preset saving worthwhile. I will wait to see if this happens, they did suggest about a week to code.

I found the app fun to use though and simple to understand. The introductory price was pretty cheap which was a big plus.
I also find that this function is a big gap

Has anyone tried the demo version in Reaper? It seems to be very unstable and cause my pc to lock up randomly .....

jbuonacc wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:25 am can it send MIDI out to another channel in Ableton?
nope, i guess it can't.

not very useful loading samples into this thing (can't really do much with them once they're loaded), i'd prefer it with eight channels and just MIDI output. pretty cool for what it is though, nice that you can set the length for each channel separately.

also, the Sample Start parameter seems to disappear on some channels after a while?

I thought about this for a while, but realized I'm basically already doing this with more functionality by using their other plugin Riffer to feed MIDI into Atlas, Battery, or whatever other drum unit is on hand...

Edit: Or for that matter, microtonic with Patternarium, although that's synthesis rather than sampling...

Return to “Instruments”