Problems with JBridger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a new computer and installed JBridger, which I've successfully used in the past. I scanned my 32-bit VST plugins including: Poly-Ana, Guru, Discovery, Vertigo, Phantom, OhmBoyz and OhmMyGod. Other than Poly-Ana, the 64 bridged plugins do not work in any host I've tried (MuLab, Cakewalk, Bitwig).

As well, my AAS UltraAnalog plugin won't work with any host, I'm not sure it is compatible with Win10. This isn't a JBridger problem.

Has software progressed to the point that JBridger doesn't work anymore?

I know there are 64bit version from OhmForce, I'm trying to download them but my account details are very old so I have to wait for a response from them.

Is it time to move on from Guru and the DiscoDSP plugins? I really liked Guru but I'm not sure I can afford to spend $200 on one plugin (Geist). I don't know if I'll replace Discovery or Vertigo. I don't have anything like Vertigo and my virtual analog vsti are all kind of more complicated than Discovery. I have FL Sytrus, so I don't feel compelled to replace Phantom.

Is there any troubleshooting I can try with JBridger? Or replace a few of my broken vsti? I guess a third option is to run the 32bit version of Mulab....

thanks

I recently bought JBridge, and used it a couple of times with Terratec Komplexer. After it initially ran just fine, i had some problems... once, Komplexer output a wild sound burst, and then stopped working, and another time, it just crashed without warning. So, i uninstalled both, and am running 64-bit only again now. Not sure if the problem was JBridge, or Komplexer (even though i ran Komplexer just fine in 32-bit hosts). Not worth my time anyway.

Has anyone tried to contact the dev about this ? He's really helpful normally.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

chk071 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:17 am I recently bought JBridge, and used it a couple of times with Terratec Komplexer. After it initially ran just fine, i had some problems... once, Komplexer output a wild sound burst, and then stopped working, and another time, it just crashed without warning. So, i uninstalled both, and am running 64-bit only again now. Not sure if the problem was JBridge, or Komplexer (even though i ran Komplexer just fine in 32-bit hosts). Not worth my time anyway.
Yeah, I don't want to invest much time in this. I'm probably better off streamlining the plugins that I need 64bit for. The DiscoDSP ones are a bit unique for me though. That, and Guru. Hard to replace.

There are indeed problems now. Especially with GUI presentation. Cannot use VoS plugins that much now.

Had a quick play with VoS plugins on Win 10 (1607),
the Epic Verb included (time based plugins may challenge Jbridge) and they all run perfectly.

Could this be a MAC/PC dependent issue?
Is the latest Jbridge release installed?
Is settings->"sluggish gui hack" ticked?

It`s worth to play around with settings options,
I use Jbridge regularly and haven`t found a single plugin (I wanted) not running.
The PC version updates are on a smooth run now.

Hope I can encourage to give it a 2nd try :)
(and heck, what a beauty Epic Verb is!)
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

if your computer is a mac you have a problem. sound radix sent out a message stating 32bit lives will no longer work on macs either.

if it's the mac problem see if you can roll back to OS 10.14.6. that's the last osx that runs 32 bit reluctantly. might need to roll back farther if you can.

You can purchase either the jBridge Windows version, or the Mac version, which is named a bit different (jBridgeM, i believe).

Apart from that, it won't run on Mac OS X Catalina at all, because every wrapper needs to include 32-bit components, so, nope, that can't be the issue.

Must be a Mac. I have no issues with jBridge on Windows 10.

sluggo wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:13 am I have a new computer and installed JBridger, which I've successfully used in the past. I scanned my 32-bit VST plugins including: Poly-Ana, Guru, Discovery, Vertigo, Phantom, OhmBoyz and OhmMyGod.
All of these except Guru are available as 64-bit versions. UltraAnalog was as well, I think, but if not can be upgraded to V2 or V3 both of which are 64-bit.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Every time I open one of the bridged plugins, the window with jBridge settings opens too. How to fix it? (Studio One 4.5)

Igro wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:36 pm Every time I open one of the bridged plugins, the window with jBridge settings opens too. How to fix it? (Studio One 4.5)
Quick guess, is "Switch to separate GUI mode ... " (on Jbridge) ticked?
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:10 pm
sluggo wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:13 am I have a new computer and installed JBridger, which I've successfully used in the past. I scanned my 32-bit VST plugins including: Poly-Ana, Guru, Discovery, Vertigo, Phantom, OhmBoyz and OhmMyGod.
All of these except Guru are available as 64-bit versions. UltraAnalog was as well, I think, but if not can be upgraded to V2 or V3 both of which are 64-bit.
I've tried to contact Ohmforce to get 64bit versions (I have old installers), without luck yet, and I didn't know that the discodsp plugins had 64bit versions, thanks for the heads up. It really is Guru that I need Jbridge for.

It turns out that my problem is that my work computer forces me to use a networked My Documents folder and Jbridge puts a folder in My Documents. That Jbridge folder can't be relocated/moved and when I'm not at work I can't access it. I have a work around for now, but the issue is with my computer config. Although, I would argue that the Jbridge folder location is not implemented as good as it could be.

Here's a little tip for those with 64 bit only DAWS that also love and use a lot of classic 32 bit VSTs.....like me. I'm a Studio One user, (and I admit I'm biased....I was also a Presonus forum mod for a few years), and I use a LOT of 32 bit plugs. I know that J-Bridge is a less than perfect solution. It works better with some plugs than others but here's my workaround for that. All you need to do is bridge ONE 32 bit VST HOST plugin. Like Xlutop Chainer, Plogue Bidule, DDMF Metaplugin....etc. Then load your other UNBRIDGED 32 bit plugs in that host in your DAW. VOILA!! :D

Cheers.....CL :oops:
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

only prob i have had with jbridge on windows is converting it down from 64bit to 32bit. i still use winamp and have a plugin for it that hosts 32bit VSTs and a couple of my 64bit only EQs i wanted to try in winamp... converted them to 32bit ... they failed to function but not real sure if it was jbridge or that winamp plugin. anyways that is the only problem i have ever had with jbridge and windows. but converting up from 32bit to 64bit has never had an issue. just my 2 cents
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Return to “Instruments”