SynthMaster One v1.4.4 update: Now compatible with Apple M1 + SIMD performance Improvements

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

kv331 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:08 am
zoidkirb wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:22 am Looks and sounds great! I've had a couple of crashes in ableton live so far, whilst swapping around skins. I'll keep testing to see if it's consistent.
If that's MacOS, were you able to send us the crash report? I'll analyze those.
Sorry, I forgot to mention, win10, live suite 10. No crash logs. I will see if I can replicate the issue during the week. Sorry about the vagueness!

It's a great release (love the Luke Neptune presets) except for two things - zvenx is right, something's funny about those KApro presets, they use waaaay too much CPU. And I get crashes when changing to the iPad Pro skin. The other skins work OK.

This is on Mac OS Mojave, with the VSTi, in both Reaper and FL Studio. edit: I did try to send the automated crash report, not sure if it went because it asked me again when I loaded the plug later.

Ficciones wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:17 pm It's a great release (love the Luke Neptune presets) except for two things - zvenx is right, something's funny about those KApro presets, they use waaaay too much CPU. And I get crashes when changing to the iPad Pro skin. The other skins work OK.
Both issues fixed. Now looking into white skin font rendering issues.

Regarding KAPro presets, he intentionally maxed out release values for envelopes in many presets. So as a workaround, we lowed the polyphony to 8 for those. But there was another issue causing no release for notes, that bug is fixed as well.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I am sure Rob Lee wouldn't mind, if I sent you the two patches I mentioned directly to you to see. I have used those patches in the past without any issue and one note brings the PC to its knees.

edit: Bulent i emailed them to you. I would be happy to test your fixes before you release them if you want, you know how to find me.
rsp
sound sculptist

There is a visual glitch on the Arp Grid of the SatYatune Blue Skin at steps 13 and 14. The vertical "bars" are a couple of pixels too short. Not a big deal but worth a look.

I'll be checking out the sound of the new SM One in the studio later. Thanks for the update. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

kv331 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:09 pm
zvenx wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:42 pm There is I believe a new Instrument Category tagging.
On Pc it appears fine but on mac, maybe four of them are doubled, Bass, Bowed Strings, Synth Misc and Synth Pad.
Just fixed this, and a couple of other ones. I'm sorry for the overlook, managing multiple platforms with multiple skins and 1000+ presets is not easy with a small team. Update on the way.
Now seeing this.
Thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Luke Neptune patches are very nice. Judging from the EDM patches one would never guess how good that synth can sound, just another EDM synth one might think. But the Luke Neptune patches highlight a rather different side of it. The sound reminds me very much of those famous hardware synths, much more so than the usual $xxx synths from the few big companies.

Now, if you manage to iron out all those bugs, you will have a fine product :clap:
Last edited by e-crooner on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:34 pm Major issue in FL Studio. I switched to the prototype skin and the plugin crashed with an access violation message. Now it won't load at all.
Same here. First I got this:
SM1 100219-1.png
Then this:
SM1 100219-2.png

SM One also crashes Reaper now when trying to load SM 1.

That's some Alpha level stuff....I think KV331 needs some help. :?

EDIT: Reinstalling SM One fixes the damage caused by changing to the Prototype skin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I too think I have always had problems with some of the earlier skins like prototype and ipad pro (which just crashed cubase trying it again)

Will send you the log Bulent.
Maybe he needs to trim down the amount of the skins available?
rsp
sound sculptist

The turquoise knob amount indicators are a bit hard to see against the white skin. Another color like solid orange for instance would be better imho.

Working great in Cubase 9.5, the new skin is definitely the best one and the new presets are top! You're spoiling us! :) Looking further for SynthMaster 2.9.9 and 3.0 great news as well! :tu:

e-crooner wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:18 pm The turquoise knob amount indicators are a bit hard to see against the white skin. Another color like solid orange for instance would be better imho.
Agreed. fixing that too :)
Works at KV331 Audio

Ableton Live 10 and Reaper crash immediately when I try to load either the AU or VST plugin on my 2018 Mac Mini running the latest version of Mojave.

Guys, I apologize for these last minute issues. I just uploaded v1.3.3 on the server which fixed all the issues reported in this thread so far. Please download at https://www.synthmaster.com/userarea.aspx

Here's the change log:

v1.3.3
1. FIX: In some presets, voices don't terminate.
2. FIX: Treeview control displays some items twice on MacOSX
3. FIX: Changing skins might crash SynthMaster One
4. FIX: Edited Satyatunes White 80%, 90%, 100% skins to fix text vertical alignment issues
5. FIX: Changed the modulation color for Satyatunes White skin to Orange to make it more visible.
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”