One Synth Challenge #128: OB-Xd from discoDSP (mmGhost wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ontrackp wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:02 pm REQUEST RE: COMMERCIAL PLUGS

Hello -- as usual I am requesting that we be allowed to use commercial plugs this month. Anyone else want to jump in and officially petition BJ and Richard?

Thanks!
As always, I beg and pray that commercial plugins are allowed, too! :tu: :pray: :hail: :love: :hug:

Hello -- as usual I am requesting that we be allowed to use commercial plugs this month. Anyone else want to jump in and officially petition BJ and Richard?

Thanks!
I wouldn't mind hooking up OuterSpace for that one, hehehe, but I'm ok with either... this synth has plenty of quality that may not need too much mixing flattery. :shrug:

Really loving this synth so far! I also have a question: are stereo effects allowed (like voxengo stereo touch, ozone imager, etc.)?

MrKarolus wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:11 pm Really loving this synth so far! I also have a question: are stereo effects allowed (like voxengo stereo touch, ozone imager, etc.)?
Seems so - things like HAAS effects and such, just not modulating ones like chorus as per the rules.

Oh, yeah, I love using auburn studio's panagement! It has some challenges, but I'm totally used to it...
Here's a quick goof, testing the synth. All sounds from scratch and it's too easy to make them, too!
https://soundcloud.com/taronium/obxperi ... 01/s-4s1YK
Anyway, just a goof, not a submission, of course! :ud:

Thanks!
No! Only Free and opensource software!
Just kidding ofc (not really kidding, but ok)

However, in the rare occasion that the chiefs wanna inspect a project, then what?

Is A1TriggerGate okay? http://www.alexhilton.net/A1AUDIO/index ... riggergate
It is a "free sequenced/gate audio plugin."
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:45 pm Is A1TriggerGate okay? http://www.alexhilton.net/A1AUDIO/index ... riggergate
It is a "free sequenced/gate audio plugin."
Looks fine - filter, gate, etc. nothing looks to be out of line

i'm on logic pro and it seems i cannot record in automation... anyone else having this problem?

No troubles in MuLab thus far! :shrug:

Cool taron. Maybe I’ll reach out to them directly. I hate drawing in stuff with the mouse.

cthonophonic wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:11 pm I believe there is no "paid version." At the bottom of the page, it says:
OB-Xd Desktop has no restrictions and is free to use. Buy to support further development, thank you!
It's weird and I doubt many people will pay 39 euros for a synth that is identical to the free version. I think it would make more sense to make it donationware so that people can donate a bit (like 10 or 15 bucks) -- rather than nothing at all, which is probably the default behavior at the moment.
And what is there to develop further?

mmGhost wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:23 am i'm on logic pro and it seems i cannot record in automation... anyone else having this problem?
I'm having some trouble with the Learn function and my Akai controller. I can write automation manually to any of the synth parameters though. I can't seem to figure out a way to simply assign a controller to a synth parameter thru Logic. Also, some of the synth control labels seem off -- for instance LFO amount adjusted PWM amount. I'll put an image on the Slack - can't figure out how to get an image onto here.

Yeah, I have no idea how to work the "learn" button either... but in MuLab I simply assign the controller to the parameter. Works fine.

mmGhost wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:23 am i'm on logic pro and it seems i cannot record in automation... anyone else having this problem?
Using Bitwig 3.0.3 and the VST3 64bits Version - Plugin didn't read the automation.
Switched to VST2 64bits Version and voila, the automation works.

Return to “Instruments”