oddities with TAL U-No-LX 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am not a fan of that voice mode, it sounds a bit sterile and robotic to me. I think the developer adopted that code from Noisemaker.

And I think the LFO timing issue as well, seems that there is only a tiny speed difference between dotted and triplet. Dotted is slightly slower than triplet. The same minute difference as on the U-NO-LX.

BlackWinny wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:41 pm I'm in contact with Patrick about the issues reported in the OP of the present thread. We've had several kind mails and here is an excerpt of the last one:
thanks so much!
⬆ Jon from The REAPER Blog

About TAL-Bassline-101 the issue is fixed now and a new version has been uploaded (v2.2.5).

About TAL-U-NO-LX, Patrick is now working on the three points reported in the OP of the present thread.
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Good stuff. Top developer!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

BlackWinny wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:41 am About TAL-Bassline-101 the issue is fixed now and a new version has been uploaded (v2.2.5).

About TAL-U-NO-LX, Patrick is now working on the three points reported in the OP of the present thread.
I just downloaded v2.2.5 and while it is fixed for the LFO, there is still a problem with the sequencer where DOT option does not work at all. It just keeps the timing that was previously selected.

If you're in contact with Patrick maybe you could let him know?
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

Ok, I'm going to reproduce the issue in a short video to explain him (I like short videos, it is generally an excellent method to show a bug in a perfect way).
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Published a video about the U-NO-LX today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhqYGp_kSUw
⬆ Jon from The REAPER Blog

I've also found that since the update I can no longer see the TAL UNO VST plugin in Ableton Live (Mac). It's in the plugin folder and appears in my other DAWs but not in Live. Can anyone else confirm?
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

I was playing around with the demo again and wondering if it sounds so fat and "perfect" because there is no oscillator beating. The phases of the three oscillator waveforms seem to be locked to each other.
I copied that behavior in another synth and after fiddling with the phases (and EQ) for a while I achieved a virtually identical sound.

e-crooner wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:35 pm I was playing around with the demo again and wondering if it sounds so fat and "perfect" because there is no oscillator beating. The phases of the three oscillator waveforms seem to be locked to each other.
I copied that behavior in another synth and after fiddling with the phases (and EQ) for a while I achieved a virtually identical sound.
It's actually just a single oscillator. The different waveforms combine to make one waveform (including the sub). So yeah it's similar to multiple waveforms locked in phase.

I see :)

What I don't like is that the current sound is not cut off when one changes patches. The release of the previous sound is "carried over" to the next patch.

e-crooner wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:37 pm I see :)

What I don't like is that the current sound is not cut off when one changes patches. The release of the previous sound is "carried over" to the next patch.
You just can't stop finding "problems" in this synth, can you?

nvmd

Sinisterbr wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:16 pm
e-crooner wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:37 pm I see :)

You just can't stop finding "problems" in this synth, can you?
Well, I am testing the demo. Isn't that what demos are meant for? Consider it constructive criticism.
I do think a sound should be killed when switching to another preset...

e-crooner wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:38 pmI do think a sound should be killed when switching to another preset...
I think exactly the inverse.

For a preview feature perhaps... but for the real, actual workflow of the synth resolutely no.

Return to “Instruments”