AAS Ultra Analog VA-3 Synthesizer Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey KVR Friends

Applied Acoustics just released Ultra Analog VA-3 Synthesizer. Upgrades start at $39 USD.

If you are not a user of VA-1 or VA-2, there is a special deal to get VA-3 for under $70 USD for new users. Check the tip in the article ;)

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2019/09/aas ... ngine.html
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

I received my upgrade for free, so I'm very happy with it.

Why can't they update that GUI.... ?

those filters. :-o

dune_rave wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:32 pm Why can't they update that GUI.... ?
Indeed. It is truly awefull. Sound is pretty good though. Love the filters (that ladder filter is really nice).

But...they don't even provide 2 sizes or the ui. It is sooo small

Guess Chromaphone will go bi-timbal in version 3.

alvfaria wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:04 pm I received my upgrade for free, so I'm very happy with it.
Do you mind me asking what conditions led to you getting the upgrade for free? Did you buy version 2 very recently?

It hurts me to say this as I love applied acoustics. This is kind of a half-assed paid update. Is adding a sound layer supposed to be revolutionary? How about more modulation options? Or reducing the number of tab-jumping required to edit patches? It seems like whatever architecture they’ve chosen to go with to design their synths leaves little flexibility for meaningful changes.

Love VA-2, but I can't use it on my 4K screen. Unfortunately, this update is a no-buy for me, until y'all can offer a larger interface. The easiest way is to offer one in multiple sizes. The market changed a couple of years ago, when cheap 4K monitors reached cheap consumer prices, and this is now a requirement, not an option, if you don't want to cripple your sales.

unless they think everyone has a multi-display setup with a monitor dedicated and set to a lower resolution and AAS VSTi filling up the whole screen..
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

dune_rave wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:32 pm Why can't they update that GUI.... ?
Yes, it's far from perfect in many ways, not just size. They've wasted an opportunity...

What distinguishes VA-3 from, say, Diva?

dumbledog wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:53 pm What distinguishes VA-3 from, say, Diva?
Not much really. Except the 2 layers. It is possible to have 2 "presets" running at the same time. Not synth presets, but layer presets. That's about it

dumbledog wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:53 pm What distinguishes VA-3 from, say, Diva?
Can’t speak for va3 as I’m at work and just found out about it, but tbh they’re two sides of the same coin. Diva offers more oscillator models, Ultra Analog a little bit more flexibility with onboard effects. Diva is a little less intuitive (thinking about all the parameters on tabs below the main synth ui) but more tweakable in terms of stacking oscillators and editing modulations. Ultra Analog has an arp, which is pretty sweet, and its unison does some cool things that are not all that common - to the point that the unison module can kind of behave like a mini arp or tuned slap back.

Overall I use diva more often but VA-2 is sweet too. I find it’s easier to get screamy and/or aggressive sounds from the filters with VA-2 as opposed to Diva, but Diva offers a lot more flexibility in certain areas

SHall1000 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:47 pm Guess Chromaphone will go bi-timbal in version 3.
underrated post.

Return to “Instruments”