Hrastprogrammer Tranzistow Surprise

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Special announcement!

"It is now available as "Hrastow Tranzistow" 32/64-bit package with my own application environment called Hrastow. This environment is a standalone synthesizer controlled by MIDI (two MIDI inputs are provided) which also contains ASIO host and a simple VST 2.x host with 5 FX slots (one for each Tranzistow stereoThe big thing about all this is that I am now providing a full Transistor version as part of the package! Yes, full multimode/multithreaded Tranzistow, no demo anymore! It's exactly the same environment I am using for my own music. As I said, you won't be able to use Tranzistow in VST hosts anymore and you'll have to control it over MIDI from the sequencer (either from a separate computer or using LoopBe virtual MIDI driver) and mix it using a real mixer (or some virtual mixer directly on the computer). This offer is aimed at people who really want to use Tranzistow as a main synthesizer in their music, not as "just another plugin". It is released as a "mandatory donationware" with donations ranging from 50 USD up to 200 USD or more depending on how much Tranzistow will be worth to you, on how many computers do you intend to use it, etc. Only PayPal donations to are accepted. Please, keep in mind this still isn't a commercial project so no support, no assistance in getting it to work, no troubleshooting of your system, etc."

Details here

http://www.hrastprogrammer.com/hrastwerk/hrastbook.htm

:clap:
바보

Very cool :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

:clap:
One of the best synth!
Best
YY

This looks cool. I would definitely buy it if VST was still an option.

How do you rationalize the mandatory donations--someone has to pay for this product, but also saying it isn't commercial and you will offer no support?

Just wondering, I wouldn't buy it anyway as the UI, for me, makes this a non-starter.

Lempface wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:08 pm How do you rationalize...?

Just wondering, I wouldn't buy it anyway as the UI, for me, makes this a non-starter.
Good! I am sure Hrast appreciates it.

:tu: 8) :tu:
바보

Hrast is a bad ass DSP programmer! Good to to read that Tranzistow and Diodow are alive.
I remember the Diodow round in the One Synth Challenge as enormous satisfying, an exploration of unknown ground, with satisfying discoveries in a crazy feature set...a feature set I could only explore 5% off...and that makes 5% of the 5% of features Diodow has compared to Tranzistow. Just give Diodow a chance, a serious chance. If you get the grip of it, you will accept the GUI...and probably you would start thinking about spending 50 bucks to Tranzistow.
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/me-d ... nd-phrases

Will definitely grab Diodow since it's VST.

Lempface wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:08 pm How do you rationalize the mandatory donations--someone has to pay for this product, but also saying it isn't commercial and you will offer no support?

For me, I'm happy for anyone who makes something amazing like this (for their own use) to choose to share it on any terms that they wish to offer. I can decide to opt in or not. In this case, the deal that is offered is: 'you can have it, if you make a donation of $50+... then you get the download and that is all, please do not expect anything more'... well that is fair enough. No-one 'has to' pay - that is the offer - we can all take it or leave it.

I completely understand why you might not want to take that offer, if you prefer to have products with more guaranteed support for example. Also, I understand why some people (myself included) would be very happy, even grateful, for those terms :D I can now get access to this amazing synth without having to make loads of patches first :wink:

A separate midi sequencing question for you folks:
With this now not being a vst, does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on how to sequence Tranzistow without significant midi jitter? I use Bome on windows, and it is rather jittery between different applications in my experience. I also experience jitter when bringing midi in to the computer from either usb devices or via the audio interface.
Sending midi out from the computer without jitter is do-able with something like Usamo, I know. But is there anything that gives good low-jitter performance when bringing midi in to a software application (like Tranzistow), either from another software app or from an external device?

Any thoughts most appreciated :)

p.s. thanks Hrast for sharing and the offer :tu:

I was happy to make the patches. Programming this thing was a blast. So I got to make patches AND got the synth for free.

Can't beat that deal.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:44 pm I was happy to make the patches. Programming this thing was a blast. So I got to make patches AND got the synth for free.

Can't beat that deal.
Not arguing with that :) Absolutely, great way to do it while it was on offer. For me, sadly I just haven't managed to make the time so this is a very welcome new way to get the synth :tu:

zarf wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:47 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:44 pm I was happy to make the patches. Programming this thing was a blast. So I got to make patches AND got the synth for free.

Can't beat that deal.
Not arguing with that :) Absolutely, great way to do it while it was on offer. For me, sadly I just haven't managed to make the time so this is a very welcome new way to get the synth :tu:
And well worth getting. Even if all you do is use the presets, of which there are a ton. This thing sounds amazing and even with all my "expensive" VSTs, I turn to Tranzistow often.

Can't beat that deal.
Good deal indeed :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Diodow is really excellent sounding. I tried to run Tranzistow and got Ableton to send MIDI and got audio from Tranzistow but I couldn't get the audio back into Ableton. I'll give it a go with Cubase.

Hello,

I received quite a lot of mails, so I will relax this a bit. I reworked Tranzistow and it can now be loaded in both Hrastow and VST hosts. Just download the latest package (uploaded today) and copy those DLLs into your VST plugins folder so they can be used by the host. Also copy TranzistowPatches and TranzistowWaves folders.

But, and a big BUT - if it doesn't work (or doesn't work well) with a particular host then bad luck, sorry.

Hrast

Return to “Instruments”