One Synth Challenge #127: Any One u-he Synth (Carl_saved wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If we use Zebra2 as the synth, are the synthesis capabilities of Zebrify also allowed? The instrument and effect use the same synthesis engine, so this seems like it would be a different case than the Repro-1/5 question.

Alternatively, if using both the instrument and effect is disallowed, can we just use the effect version? I have this plan that relies on using many independently-tuned comb filters in series (i.e. more than just a single instance of Zebra/Zebrify would allow), so I am trying to figure out whether this is workable within the rules of the competition.

Hey ! Can I use the CM version of Zebra or Bazille ?

diaseis wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:53 am Hey ! Can I use the CM version of Zebra or Bazille ?
Yes you can :)

Yay ! Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/wirkmenge/zebrastreifen

that track was done for a previos Kvr Challenge but I was too late.
So now it take account of that KVR Challenge.
30x Zebralette
done in Ableton Live 9.5
freeverb too, simple delay , reverb , a1 trigger gate, auto filter, ott, rough rider,
compressor , eq eight, slick eq, tal dub, tal dub2

Damn smooth, besh, with nice sounds and motion.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

I'm really excited that it's U-he month! This will be my 12th convective entry to OSC - what a way to celebrate, especially considering U-he's Triple Cheese was the synth that tempted me to start OSC in the first place.
I think I'm also going to go with Hive2, it's such a good balance of sound, workflow and performance (which is definitely useful for OSC).
This is going to be a busy month! :D

Ranoka wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:43 pm I think I'm also going to go with Hive2, it's such a good balance of sound, workflow and performance (which is definitely useful for OSC).
This is going to be a busy month! :D
dew it.

If I can find the time to enter, my dinosaur of a computer will only be able to handle Zebra 2... if only Satin was on sale ;)

z.prime wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:58 pm If I can find the time to enter, my dinosaur of a computer will only be able to handle Zebra 2... if only Satin was on sale ;)
Well, it’s survey time with uhe.
At least it will get you a coupon with 15% off

Side note: Fathom of Seaweed Audio seems to have closed down business because his latest Release worth 3 months of work was ripped immediately and provided for free by a bunch of audio warez a***holes. His thread is locked now. I'm so sad.

Oh dang, that sucks. Luckily, I think, this thing needed a different concept anyway, if I remember correctly?! But that's just me, of course. The reality is, if a synth is truly brilliant, I don't think the cracks would destroy their business. Folks like U-He and DS surely have their troubles with those cracks, too, but they are so beloved and so awesome that likely enough sales keep coming. (I HOPE!!!)
Anyway, always a pity, my condolences.

So to warm up the debate, I'm really glad that cracks exist. They allowed me to start music when I was too young to spend any money on it. Then, I bought all my favourite software :party: and since I had "tried" them for years, I knew which was the best. I had the opportunity to really use (not with the trial version which are often not really usable) approximatively a thousand plugins :evil: and really know what I was into. I also tried many DAWS (FL Studio, Reaper, Cubase and Live) to be sure about the one I wanted to buy. I think this is more a problem of each person's ethic who decides (or not) to reward the guys behind the software they like.
I'd go even further : I really like the donation system (distocore, cheers!) : you like it you give, you're poor, you don't. I know I'm an idealist but I think if I ever make a plugin of my own (I'm currently in a master to learn to do it), I would do that.

Hope this kind of post is not forbidden here, since this is not the subject :hihi:

] Peter:H [ wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:44 pm Side note: Fathom of Seaweed Audio seems to have closed down business because his latest Release worth 3 months of work was ripped immediately and provided for free by a bunch of audio warez a***holes. His thread is locked now. I'm so sad.
I don't think the Fathom synth is dead. I received an email from Everett will the following info.

The Fathom synth site is up, and he will continue to support the synth. The work on the next AVX release is continuing as well.

diaseis wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:35 pm So to warm up the debate, I'm really glad that cracks exist. They allowed me to start music when I was too young to spend any money on it. Then, I bought all my favourite software :party: and since I had "tried" them for years, I knew which was the best. I had the opportunity to really use (not with the trial version which are often not really usable) approximatively a thousand plugins :evil: and really know what I was into. I also tried many DAWS (FL Studio, Reaper, Cubase and Live) to be sure about the one I wanted to buy. I think this is more a problem of each person's ethic who decides (or not) to reward the guys behind the software they like.
I'd go even further : I really like the donation system (distocore, cheers!) : you like it you give, you're poor, you don't. I know I'm an idealist but I think if I ever make a plugin of my own (I'm currently in a master to learn to do it), I would do that.

Hope this kind of post is not forbidden here, since this is not the subject :hihi:
Certainly goes off topic a bit much, so I think we shouldn't continue talking about that here. Even on-topic stuff gets off the rails quickly... Maybe Peter can start a thread on that topic! ;) (I could surely contribute!)

Return to “Instruments”