One Synth Challenge #127: Any One u-he Synth (Carl_saved wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For those that think i used a bad excuse:
I could maybe force my own brain to make comments for up to ten people.
The last comments are most likely to piss off the person, because i'm going to feel so mentaly tired that i no longer would be able to keep my frankness in check and be nice.
I rather take a disqualification than make comments.

If making a comment doesn't matter to you, you should do the comments.
I have nothing against other making comments on me.

Music is subjective. There is no right or wrong IMO. Even mixing and mastering have many rules and schools. So, trying to be expert criticizing others would be offensive IMO.
I'd say, let's be positive and highlight the good we find according to our taste :)

I Voted.. U He is awesome :clap:
I make Electronic Music - it is really cool man... dude...
http://www.dynabee.bandcamp.com
http://www.youtube.com/dynabee

Voted

Saffran wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:26 am For those that think i used a bad excuse:
I could maybe force my own brain to make comments for up to ten people.
The last comments are most likely to piss off the person, because i'm going to feel so mentaly tired that i no longer would be able to keep my frankness in check and be nice.
I rather take a disqualification than make comments.

If making a comment doesn't matter to you, you should do the comments.
I have nothing against other making comments on me.
Commenting is not required but encouraged, however you will not be DQ ‘d
In fact there used to be a guy here that won OSC five times and he (almost) never commented
Last edited by ThePresent on Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

EnGee wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:33 am Music is subjective. There is no right or wrong IMO. Even mixing and mastering have many rules and schools. So, trying to be expert criticizing others would be offensive IMO.
I'd say, let's be positive and highlight the good we find according to our taste :)
Problem is that people takes suggestion and opinion as criticism. We all have different view on everything but you newer know how can some pointers help you to get better. I hate when somebody wite comment like cool track and then you get just 1 point. What is the purpose of "positive" comment like this? You will get no usable experience from this, no knowledge, nothing. Merciful lie is worst if you want to move forward and learn something. Do you just want to get praised for what you do? Then just play your tracks to your close familly to get your "positive" lie.

I will start to note users that do not want to hear any suggestions and opinions. For those I will rather not post any comments anymore since I tend to "criticizing others".

I have no doubt that constructive criticism has helped me get better at what I do. Moving from close to the bottom most of the time up to usually about halfway. Now and then I make the top 10, and sometimes the top 5. Unheard of 5.5 years ago when I started doing the OSC! This one is my 66th consecutive entry. Some tracks will be OK, some better than that. But … it's all the help I have had from people like Z.prime, jasinski, Taron, ontrackp, TrojakEW to name a few, which have elevated my skills with their critiques.

That said, there's no need to comment at all if you don't want to. I agree that "cool 80's track" doesn't help much - but, it shows you listened, and if it was indeed 80's based, then you heard right and I also created it correctly with reference to the sounds of that era!

Instead of "nice" at some point in the track - maybe "Nice shimmering background pads with a good deep bass and eclectic solo over the top" … might give a more interesting/useful positive vibe!

dB

Voted

I try to comment on every track - just to give respect to the person who submitted --it's simply a way of acknowledging that I listened and appreciate the effort. I also try to say something constructive -- not mean, but often there is something that strikes my ear a certain way, so I say it. And in the case of a few people it does almost include "cool '80's track". I understand not everyone has the time or energy, and that's fair, too.

I enjoy the constructive criticism - my goal is to improve and I take all comments as helpful, whether it's a "cool sounds" or "whole track is too bright and my ears are bleeding".

Part of the fun of OSC for me is the feedback and interaction with the community. It's harder with 55 entries, but these are all so good!

I also have a problem with commenting :/ I´m always too anxious to comment on other tracks (Yes even on the replies on my track), mostly because i don´t know enough about music theory or about music production, so i´m afraid of writing something stupid or should not have an opinion because i don´t know enough.. But i know this is stupid, but my brain doesn´t had the "self-esteem feature" included - My parents had to buy the cheap one XD

I will try to force myself on commenting this time. I guess if i do it often enough i will overcome my anxiety. (If i tell this enough times, i maybe will believe it myself XD)

But in all seriousness.. I´m actually pretty glad that i could force myself to answer to some comments on my own track at least :P (I have written the answers into my text editor, read it three times and was still scared of posting it, after a week.. That´s literally how scared i am of posting something :/ ) but i actually feel better posting it and overcome myself, than ignore it and find excuses like "i don´t like the date i´m responding / posting something i will do it tomorrow" and don´t do it at all :/
"We should not kill the earth, we wouldn´t know where to bury it!" - Michel Granger

Voted!

z.prime wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:42 pm
<many people> wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:23 pm ... Ozone 8 Elements for mastering ...
Since it will not be free after this month, it won't be allowed. It must be free during voting.
Thanks for the heads-up, I assumed it was okay since it was just for mastering. Little new to this :) I'll make a version without ozone 8 as soon as I have time & re-upload it if that is okay.

doctorbob wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:43 pm I know there are many tracks to evaluate and score. :dog:

But ... whilst you are listening, do try to leave some comments on the Soundcloud track. It helps us all get better and address components of our track which we perhaps didn't realise needed attention! :tu:

dB
Your track was virtually flawless though... i cant believe that was all *just* triple cheese. You brought it to life!
What is imagination for if not to create the universe?

TrojakEW wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:08 am Problem is that people takes suggestion and opinion as criticism. We all have different view on everything but you newer know how can some pointers help you to get better. I hate when somebody wite comment like cool track and then you get just 1 point. What is the purpose of "positive" comment like this? You will get no usable experience from this, no knowledge, nothing. Merciful lie is worst if you want to move forward and learn something. Do you just want to get praised for what you do? Then just play your tracks to your close familly to get your "positive" lie.

I will start to note users that do not want to hear any suggestions and opinions. For those I will rather not post any comments anymore since I tend to "criticizing others".
I agree totally with "people takes suggestion and opinion as criticism". Constructive criticism, is always good. And you don't always have to agree 100%.
Personally, I'm always thankful for the critics; at the end, another person took his time to listen and considerate your song, and that is always nice.

But I disagree with the positive comments. If you really (really, not lying!) liked a song, but you can't find anything specific to point out, IMHO, is better to say "Hey, I liked it", than nothing. Simply because makes the other person happy and may help him/her to have the will to continue making music.
Last edited by Suzuka on Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[I wanted to edit the above message, but failed and now I don't know how to delete this :borg:]

Return to “Instruments”