One Synth Challenge #127: Any One u-he Synth (Carl_saved wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think you can still get Tyrell. It is a great sounding synth if you need a free UHE option.

https://splice.com/plugins/1837-tyrell- ... au-by-u-he

Would it be possible to get a one-month valid serial for the commercial plugins?
@peter:h i guess you can join the Voltage-modular 'one synth challenge' as an alternative to this :)

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:32 pm "compete with zebralette against a 1400,- euro bundle"
This sounds great.

Literally nearly every OSC track is this. You're not just competing here. Your entries live forever as their own body of work against the sea of composers. The competition of creativity is for the attention of the people most positively influenced. Albeit, competition is best not to be at the forefront of your creative drive, but rather an auxiliary fuel and reference point.

Tyrell Nexus 6 would often be my preference though because it has a noise oscillator, although zebra is more cpu efficient and has a wider range of tones due to direct control of the waveform. You can definitely do cooler things with a giant stack of zebrallette sound generators than layered effects, but layered effects provide contemporary instant gratification and ease of composition, instant inspiration; success at the push of a button. Buy your u-he effects today!

U-he also teaches a lesson in ethics, with the ability to create presets for their commercial plugins, enabling students and sound designers to potentially sell soundware, much like with Spire, even if they can't afford a copy of the synth yet. Is the demo noise too frequent in that case? Yes, but it's an opportunity for upward mobility, regardless, and that is at the core of human progress.

Disclaimer: The comments provided in this post are not a reflection of anyone's opinion, but rather they are indecipherable hieroglyphics, which nobody understands, merely appearing as English text.
quick, _ake what you want in life

VCA-089 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:48 pm Since Repro is selling as one product and literally it is a same synthesizer with different options like polyphony and effects (like in reality Pro-One was just a monophonic version of Prophet 5) is it allowed to use Repro-1 and Repro-5 in one project? It could be useful because R1 is less CPU demanding, would be great for layering drum sounds that always takes up to 10 or 15+ instances.

And is it allowed to use magware (TyrellN6, Beatzille etc.)?
Any One U-he synth can be used - so either Repro-1 or Repro5 (not both) and magware U-he synths should be fine too.

Oh, wow, that's awesome! AND tricky! Thing is, seems like the free synths from U-He are much more suited for OSC type projects, because they tend to be less CPU hungry. However, using something like Hive 2 is probably the big exception, because it's rather sleek and slander in consumption. Love this thing for quick sound creation, even if it has such immense programming potential. I've played with it for a moment and fell in love with its simplicity and sound quality.
I sure hope I will get a moment this months, because I'd love to do one with Hive!!! :hyper:
However, U-He's TripleCheese is one of my all-time-favorites along with the stunning Zebralette and not to forget the beautiful TyrellN6...dang... impossible to make a choice... but NO: Hive2 it is, if I get the chance!
Ok, I was just digging up Tyrell again... OMG. Maybe I haven't made music in too long, but W O W !!!
Together with the free protoverb from U-He you can make some serious damage. Two instances of Tyrell and scifi heaven embraces you!!! :hug:

Tyrell is pretty great, although it can definitely be CPU intensive. I've never tried one of these contests before but I might give this one a shot!

I recently purchased Diva, and I think to join the contest with this synth, however I am afraid to fry my computer with many instances of it :D

Yes, you will! Diva is a hawk, really, unless you keep it VERY, very simple. :scared:
With Tyrell you have to actually go a little nuts to make it a CPU monster and it's much easier to keep it simple.
Unfortunately I had to notice that Hive, too, can easily suck away processing power, but there it is also not too hard to keep it down.
There's always this "one thing" one accidentally engages, which sends the machine into overdrive. :shrug:
But do they all sound beautiful...wowee. :violin:

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:32 pm Okay - I get it. If I don't own any of u-he, I could end up compete with zebralette against a 1400,- euro bundle in the worst case. No, sorry. That setup sounds to awkward...
Sounds exactly how this round should works for me.

574X wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:27 pm U-he also teaches a lesson in ethics, with the ability to create presets for their commercial plugins, enabling students and sound designers to potentially sell soundware, much like with Spire, even if they can't afford a copy of the synth yet. Is the demo noise too frequent in that case? Yes, but it's an opportunity for upward mobility, regardless, and that is at the core of human progress.

Disclaimer: The comments provided in this post are not a reflection of anyone's opinion, but rather they are indecipherable hieroglyphics, which nobody understands, merely appearing as English text.
Me happens to read hieroglyphics and these read outrageously positivist.
Last edited by liqih on Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Podoslki again for me. Hooray. Or TrippleCheese maybe. Then same routine.
Last edited by liqih on Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hehe, of all the U-He synths, Podolski is the only one I severely dislike, hmmm... this one always sucked any and all inspiration away from me for some reason.
I did have to giggle about the "hieroglyphics", though! :hihi:

liqih wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:01 pm Podolski again for me. Hooray. Or TrippleCheese maybe. Then same routine.
BTW I'm happy to use one of them once more.
Last edited by liqih on Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taron wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:34 pm Hehe, of all the U-He synths, Podolski is the only one I severely dislike, hmmm... this one always sucked any and all inspiration away from me for some reason.
I did have to giggle about the "hieroglyphics", though! :hihi:
Less inspiration = harder challenge = new solutions. LOL

Right now I really can't take any more challenges on board. :( ...besides not having any time or emotional freedom, I also still don't have pitch wheel nor mod wheel, which really still feels like I'm having my hands tied behind my back while making music. Thus, anything that motivates and inspires me is of the utmost importance!

Return to “Instruments”