One Synth Challenge #127: Any One u-he Synth (Carl_saved wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #127! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... ge-127-any

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

The u-he extravaganza. Go crazy. Go all the way. Set your knobs to 11 people. :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: (Also check out Hive 2, u-he's bad ass new synth)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXTPlb2tFpQ

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): FXB Project, or JRR Shop (Uncle E)

U-he: Plugin of choice

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik SQ200 and Wusik P2000

SoundGym : 6 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

Sonimus : Any one Plugin (This prize may be chosen no more than three times)

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune. Unfortunately his main site is down, but if you still want these, let us know!

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
Last edited by bjporter on Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 12 times in total.

To be perfectly clear, using other FX's (native with DAW or free) is still ok?

Didn't get it - Will there be special trial code offers for OSC participants?

Wow, the music that will be created will be some of KVR's best, I'm thinking. I look forward to it. I only have Zebra 2 and the free ones right now (man I wish I had gotten the Diva/Repro sale price at the beginning of the year--didn't know what u-he was back then :) ).
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

To be clear: All normal OSC rules + you can use any commercial u-he product (or free one)

@Peter and Inversion, notes above are updated.

Hey BJ -- can you expand it to use any commercial efx? That could even the playing field for people who are concerned that they are limited to the free U-He synths because they don't own any. Thanks - great challenge this month!

Would not make sense for me, its called challenge. The overuse of compression in so called modern mixes is bothering me big time anyway...
Innovative composition on the other hand is underrated. The fx rules already means only subtle effects. Under those conditions no fx will make your composition better...
I bet you’ll find something appropriate... (and all those past OSC champions show its possible...)

Do I understand this to mean we can use different uhe synths in one project? Ie. Zebra, Hive, and Diva together?

jasinski wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:34 pm Do I understand this to mean we can use different uhe synths in one project? Ie. Zebra, Hive, and Diva together?
One Synth Challenge #127: Any One u-he Synth
Pick any one u-he synth. It can be a commercial synth, or free.
Any one, only one synth.

That's what I thought but then I read....

"The u-he extravaganza. Go crazy. Go all the way."

...and I dared to dream an impossible dream.

Some u-he effects are far from subtle. Not sure if you had that in mind already.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Probably the normal sensibility about FX usage should be noted that it should not change the sound to be unrecognizable from the synth.

For example, I have the Uhbik effects and they are awesome but some of them can destroy the sound (I'm looking at you, Uhbik-G: pitch-shifting granulator!)

If any of you enjoy watching other producers talk, there was one from Jaytech (from 2013, it looks like -- check out his Soundcloud page!): https://www.pyramind.com/training/blog/ ... ideo-recap and you'll see he loves u-he Ace! :)

I can just tell this is going to be a month where I spend a lot of money on u-he effects. :hihi:

Since Repro is selling as one product and literally it is a same synthesizer with different options like polyphony and effects (like in reality Pro-One was just a monophonic version of Prophet 5) is it allowed to use Repro-1 and Repro-5 in one project? It could be useful because R1 is less CPU demanding, would be great for layering drum sounds that always takes up to 10 or 15+ instances.

And is it allowed to use magware (TyrellN6, Beatzille etc.)?
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Okay - I get it. If I don't own any of u-he, I could end up compete with zebralette against a 1400,- euro bundle in the worst case. No, sorry. That setup sounds to awkward...

Return to “Instruments”